Essentially, I’ve been using NextCloud for a few months LAN-only, and have been recently trying to gain access via a different network, to no avail. Yes, I know this is a classic error. I did use the search function and I’m still stumped.
What I know:
- I have NextCloud 13.0.1 (Snap package) on Ubuntu 16.01
- I have a Netgear AC1750 (R6400) router
- Port 80 is forwarded to the server’s correct internal IP address (in router settings)
- That IP address is reserved for the server (in router settings)
- My public IP is listed as a trusted domain in my running Nextcloud’s config.php
- Port 80 is allowed through ufw on the server
- https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ says port 80 is open on my public IP
- I’m testing external access through Tor browser, which should give me some foreign IP to come from, and typing in my normal public IP; I am getting an ‘Unable to connect’ error after two minutes on a white loading page.
I don’t think this is a problem with NextCloud, since it works locally, but rather something I’m not doing (or doing wrong) with my network configuration. What should I look into troubleshooting?