Can someone help me understand these lines in nextcloud.log?

These lines were written to nextcloud.log after logging in as the admin and then logging out. No other actions were performed. I have absolutely no idea how to interpret these two lines, can anyone shed some light on the meaning? Thanks.

{“reqId”:“HZ7s8ryJKUw88OiDW9io”,“remoteAddr”:“172.16.1.52”,“app”:“no app in context”,“message”:“Exception: {“Exception”:“Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Exception\\RouteNotFoundException”,“Message”:“Unable to generate a URL for the named route \“settings_admin\” as such route does not exist.”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:”#0 \/var\/www\/lib\/private\/Route\/Router.php(333): Symfony\\Component\\Routing\\Generator\\UrlGenerator->generate(‘settings_admin’, Array, 1)\n#1 \/var\/www\/lib\/private\/URLGenerator.php(69): OC\\Route\\Router->generate(‘settings_admin’, Array)\n#2 \/var\/www\/lib\/private\/URLGenerator.php(82): OC\\URLGenerator->linkToRoute(‘settings_admin’, Array)\n#3 \/var\/www\/apps\/updatenotification\/lib\/Notification\/BackgroundJob.php(101): OC\\URLGenerator->linkToRouteAbsolute(‘settings_admin’)\n#4 \/var\/www\/apps\/updatenotification\/lib\/Notification\/BackgroundJob.php(84): OCA\\UpdateNotification\\Notification\\BackgroundJob->checkCoreUpdate()\n#5 \/var\/www\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/Job.php(53): OCA\\UpdateNotification\\Notification\\BackgroundJob->run(NULL)\n#6 \/var\/www\/lib\/private\/BackgroundJob\/TimedJob.php(54): OC\\BackgroundJob\\Job->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#7 \/var\/www\/cron.php(143): OC\\BackgroundJob\\TimedJob->execute(Object(OC\\BackgroundJob\\JobList), Object(OC\\Log))\n#8 {main}",“File”:"\/var\/www\/3rdparty\/symfony\/routing\/Generator\/UrlGenerator.php",“Line”:130}",“level”:3,“time”:“2016-10-30T12:40:25+00:00”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/cron.php",“user”:"–"}

{“reqId”:“HZ7s8ryJKUw88OiDW9io”,“remoteAddr”:“172.16.1.52”,“app”:“PHP”,“message”:“Uninitialized string offset: 0 at /var/www/lib/private/URLGenerator.php#207”,“level”:3,“time”:“2016-10-30T12:40:25+00:00”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/cron.php",“user”:"–"}

Can’t give you a detailed interpretation, for me it looks like your cronjob is doing a task for a specific app that is not activated any more. Did you upgrade recently? Are you running a current version?

I installed Nexcloud 10.0 about a month ago, maybe slightly longer. I don’t recall activating any apps after installing. Is there something in the log line that would identify the job in cron.php? I also see that AJAX was selected under Server Settings. Is this the default option? Thanks

Make sure you are running the latest version 10.0.1. If there still is this error, you can report it to the bugtracker. The other message could be related. If possible, use system cronjobs. Ajax cronjobs are only executed when someone is on the webinterface and this can cause problems if they do not happen frequently (there are a lot of tasks in the queue and your php can run into timeouts).

Thanks tflidd. I will find some time in the next few days to update to 10.0.1 and report back. I will also dig into the cronjobs. Will advise status later this week.

Another possible reason for this error message is the following method call:
\OC::$server->getURLGenerator()->getAbsoluteURL('')

…for example in the defaults.php of your theme.
Calling this method with an empty string as parameter will exactly lead to this error message in the log.
You have to use the string '/' as parameter if you just want the base URL of your nextCloud installation.

did you find the cause for this errors? i have exactly the same reoccurring daily.

I was advised to upgrade to Nextcloud 10 and recheck. I just upgraded on Monday to NC 11 but I had to run out of town. I’ll check tomorrow evening to see if these errors remain or not.

If there are different people running independently into the same issue, please report it to the bugtracker: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues

Unfortunately… For some reason my nextcloud.log file ballooned to 37 GB between installation of NC9 through upgrade to NC11, I wasn’t able to open it to view it so I have absolutely no idea what happened. I had loglevel set to 1. I just ended up deleting the file. I’ll check again in a few days to see what’s in the logs.

issue reportet here: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/3022

edit: updated to 10.0.2 as suggested in the bugtracker. will report back