Can not change password - admin side

I am using NC 22.03

I am trying to change a password for a user. I use the admin [panel, and edit the users details. I then add the new password and save.

It does not work. I’ve tried multiple times.

I tried this a few months ago with another user, and it took many, many attempts before something finally worked.

What might be causing this inability to charge a password?

The user tried themselves, but they never receive an email to change the password. I am not sure if this is an email generation issue, but the system just does not send the password change email. But, it seems like a separate issue. Maybe I am wrong too:)

Thanks

Joseph

changing password “itself” works fine… the UI is really bad but it works once you know how:

• after you change the password as admin you need to additionally click the “[checkmark]” button…

regarding email - no idea, my notifications work fine but I never tied to reset password using mail… definitely you need system wide mail setup and valid email address assigned to the user…

1 Like

Thanks wwe.

I did exactly like you describe in your text, and the image that you share.

I change the password, and then click on the check mark.

Unfortunately, it fails each time for me.

Thanks

maybe it’s obvious and you know this, just to be clear - if you reset user password as admin there is no mail notification etc… you have remember and send the password to the user on another channel. otherwise I have no idea, no issues with this function so far.

Thanks. Before I send the password to the user, I test it myself 15 seconds after changing it.

It seems like a simple thing to do, but it does not work for me.

Thanks

1 Like

Have you tried resetting it with occ or checked logs for errors?

I’ve had quite a lot of difficulty with this as well. What I’ve learned is: when the ‘new password’ control has focus, there is an arrow displayed at the right of the control. I had thought that pressing the arrow would somehow work, but it seems not to.

Instead, when I put a new password into the control, and then press the ‘enter’/‘return’ key, the password gets changed as intended.

I cannot figure out what the intended purpose of the arrow in the control would be, but perhaps it wold be better to get rid of it as it seems to be confusing to users.