Can I disable "App Recommendation" notifications?

Wondering if it is possible to disable “App Recommendation” notifications from being sent to our admins.

App Recommendation - Install Social App
App Recommendation - Install Note App

Cannot find this in documentation or search. Any tips appreciated!

Never seen it ?!?

It was added in the last couple releases and shows up on new installations

My private cloud install is based on owncloud 3 :slight_smile:

Is this resolved yet. This feature will also be useful for setting up and running the e2e tests with more ease. For the fresh installation and first time of use…we have to wait longer for this recommendation dialog which is resource killer.

If there is some mechanisms of config or envirnments to avoid this dialog at startup will be certainty fruitful.

Not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean the “First Run Wizzard” which shows a slide-show with an introduction to Nextcloud, when a new user logs in for the first time? Or do you mean the notifications that appear in the notifications area of Nextcloud, showing recommended apps and other things?

The wizzard is an app, which can be disabled before you even log in the first time:

sudo -u www-data php occ app:disable firstrunwizard

About the notifications / app recommendations in the notification area: I’m not sure to what they are tied and if they can be disabled, but I doubt that they are a big resource hog. Also they should only appear the first time when you log in as an admin, and afaik they don’t appear for normal users.

This, how do you disable this.

As I said, I’m not sure which component of Nextcloud is responsible for displaying those notifications, whether it is an app or if they are integrated into the Nextcloud core. I only ever see them when I do a test installation of Nextcloud and then log in for the first time. On my production instance I only get update notifications for apps, but no recommendations for new apps…