Can I change external storage to main storage?

Nextcloud version : 7.4.33
Operating system and version : proxmox 7.3 (debian-11-turnkey-nextcloud_17.1-1_amd64)

Hi I just created lxc nextcloud on proxmox

Filesystem: ext4
Size: 8 GB
Ram: 4 GB

and I added external storage 2TB to Nextcloud it works fine but my main storage has only 8 GB I don’t want anyone can touch my main drive can I change external storage to main storage

Thank you

Not using the external storage app. What you need to do is relocate the entire data folder.

I’m new here how to relocate the entire data folder and any guide or keyword to search?

I’ve never used proxmox, so I can’t give you specific steps.

There is a folder called data which is under the web root by default but many people move it. It contains all user files in Nextcloud. It can be relocated/remounted/etc. to another location or disk on the host system.

Permissions must be maintained for Nextcloud to function so watch that carefully. It should be owned by the web server user (typically www-data) and have permission 750 on folders and 640 on files.

1 Like

found this as posibility How to configure user_directory with occ to user nfs home directory for data files - #4 by jelledj

I see this question asked over and over and over again, with the same “no its not possible” type answers.

YES, the answer is yes you can. I have only tested this with SMB & Local but both have worked fine.

Its actually pretty simple. Lets just say you have an external HDD thats accessible from /mnt/exthdd Simply create empty folders with each users exact username (you can just look at your current data dir for the names).

Mount your external storage with a path of /mnt/exthdd/$user and set the name to only a single forward slash / . Done. Now user data is on /mnt/exthdd for any users you created a folder for, and your normal data directory is still intact for other users, appdata, etc…

Edit: I should add that you obviously need to add each user who will use the external storage under “Available for” on the external Storage admin page.