Can I add one element for my app in the left panel?

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I would like to know if it’s possible to put a section for my app in the left panel ?

02-add-section-my-app-panel-left

If yes, where is the documentation ?

I read in the official website documentation and I didn’t find anything.

I find this code but, I don’t think it’s a good example ? ^^’

https://github.com/nextcloud/server/blob/2e1491771e47eb02d297215eba6e6ce0019fc9c1/apps/systemtags/src/app.js

One more, I didn’t see in the Vue documentation for Nextcloud if it’s possible to do so.

Someone can help me, please ? :sweat_smile:

I’m not 100% sure about this but I think only the right sidebar has some vue.js - this is still Backbone or something like that - old code… it probably won’t be too easy to add things there. Sorry! There’s work going on (slowly) to port the entire Files view to vue.js but we’re not there yet.

You can add external links in the top menu with the app External sites. Maybe you can solve or work around your problem with it.

Hi @jospoortvliet :slight_smile:

Are you sure ? It’s really impossible to add one element for one app in the left panel ?

Can you name a dev front that can help me, please ?

Yes, I already use this app.
But, I would like to add one element of my app in this panel.

It’s possible to do this ?

I think it’s possible, it’s just… not easy. I don’t know who can help, to be honest - this code is not very actively maintained as it is old. As I said, we intend to replace it fully at some point, not sure when yet.

But you’ll have to dive in the code itself to find out where it is. You can try to ask on the dev chat channel (see nextcloud.com/developer for a link) but no promises anyone even knows where you can find the exact code.