Call for testing: Nextcloud 13.0.0 RC4

Hello Dear,

You can not upgrade directly from 10 to 13. First, you have to upgrade it 11 then 12ā€¦13.

Hi,
you might have missed that Iā€™m talking about an owncloud installation.
Migration from OC 10.0.4 to nextcloud 12.0.4 is supposed to work - though it fails for me with a bug that is supposed to be fixed in NC 13. (#7432)

Hi @daniel.gauss

Upgrade from 10 to 13 is not possible. If you start with ownCloud 10 then you need to upgrade to Nextcloud 12 first. Just use the migrator script which guides you through the correct versions automatically: https://nextcloud.com/migration/

Hi,

we just published the RC1 of 13.0.0 in the prereleases folder on the download server. It will also be available soon on our updater server for the beta channel of 12 and 13 instances.

1 Like

How is the state from the linux desktop client, is there e2e encryption support?

1 Like

Did update via web-updater. 1st ok, but than white page! App files_accesscontrol was responsible for that. i moved the dir out the apps-directory. then 2nd step (database-upgrade) got working and did fine. The app files_accesscontrol came back by itself?? now i have a bunch of apps to update :wink: Did work fine ā€¦

Talk-app works out of the box. gorgous!!! Congrats :slight_smile:

Yes - the files_accesscontrol app needs to be upgraded before the update: https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/7532

Update on 2 machines (x86_64, armv7), works very well.

Thanks for the work !

[quote=ā€œMorrisJobke, post:29, topic:25435, full:trueā€]
It will also be available soon on our updater server for the beta channel of 12 and 13 instances.
[/quote]
until then, I canā€™t update my spin, isnā€™t it?

The updater server is serving the new version already :wink:

Updated on our server. Works fine. Thanks.

works fine here, only the news app had some problems. scroll and read did not work.

https://j.son.bz/nextcloud13

Demo server is updated to RC1 too :slight_smile:

( admin / admin to log in )

3 Likes

Just a note for those using gdrive or dropbox as external storage:

Related topic on github:

Helo Morris, very sorry for lame question, but I am very new to snap.
How should I get 13.0.0 RC1?

snap refresh nextcloud --channel=13/RC1

is not ok
Many thnx in advance for patience

Hi the snap is maintained by @kyrofa and I donā€™t know if this is already updated.

1 Like

@maurizio not yet. Weā€™ve requested a track for v13 and are waiting for it to be fulfilled. Once that happens, youā€™ll be able to get this in 13/candidate.

Until then, you can always try edge which is actually daily master. I suspect itā€™ll give you a taste of v13 anyway, but it can be unstable FYI. Note also that downgrades are unsupported-- if you switch your production snap to v13, you canā€™t later to back to v12 unless you revert. I only recommend doing this on a test setup.

2 Likes

Used a modified version of Nachoā€™s nc-nextcloud in nextcloudpi-config to install 13RC1.
Seems to be running fine, nicely responsive.
Getting errors from Zend OPcache although they donā€™t seem serious.

pi@nextcloudpi:~ $ php -v
Cannot load Zend OPcache - it was already loaded
PHP 7.0.27-0+deb9u1 (cli) (built: Jan 5 2018 13:51:52) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.27-0+deb9u1, Copyright (c) 1999-2017, by Zend Technologies

Alright, the RC is up for the snap, at least for amd64 and i386 (the other architectures are still waiting on the build farm to get meltdown/spectre mitigations). You can check it out from the 13/candidate channel:

$ sudo snap install nextcloud --channel=13/candidate

Or if you already have it installed:

$ sudo refresh nextcloud --channel=13/candidate

Note that downgrades are not supported without a revert, so use your own best judgment.

Hi,

just upgraded from 12.0.4 to 13.0.0 RC1 via web-updater and ā€œocc upgradeā€ on the commandline. Everything works fineā€¦

But my calendar sidebar is a little bit ā€œorderlessā€. Any ideas?

Regards,
Andreas