Calendar sync issues

(misposted instructions deleted)

I have a new install of nextcloud (replacing an outdated owncloud 6.0). Things have been mostly going well, I believe that I transformed the calendar records from the old database fine (it all shows up on some devices, at least).

Anyhow, one of the remaining issues that is the most vexing is that I seem to have trouble updating a shared calendar when sync’d from a device.

I have a “family” calendar that is shared between various family members. It is shared to allow write access to all of us. We can update info on the shared calendar through the web view just fine. But, if I make a change on my phone, either adding an entry to the family calendar or editing an entry, when I perform the sync operation the family calendar is not updated. If I make a change to my own personal calendar, it syncs just fine. I do not see any error messages anywhere (although I may just not know where to look!)

This is nextcloud 10.0.4 on Fedora 26 with apache (httpd) 2.4.27, php (seems to be 7.1.7). The nextcloud logging under admin only shows “Directive ‘magic_quotes_gpc’ is no longer available in PHP” but no other messages.