Calendar reminder time difference

My Nextcloud Setup:
Ubuntu-Server 18
Nextcloud Version: 18.06
PHP Version: 7.3.17
Database: mysql

My Problem:
I am using CalDAV to sync my iPhone’s Calendar App with Nextcloud. Creating an Event works great, but there are several problems with the calendars reminder function:

1. There is a time difference of 2 hours. If I set the reminder for 19 o’clock, it appears for 21 o’clock on my iOS device. I checked the time zones but every device is set to Berlin.
  2. If I set the reminder on my iOS device, Nextcloud adopts it BUT creates also a reminder for Thursday, 1. April 1976 set as “other notification”. :grin:
  3. Even after deleting all reminders for this event from my iPhone, the upper reminder for April stays.
    The iPhone says that there is no more alert.

Does any other have this issue? Haven’t found that until now on the forum.
Try it on your own server, perhaps it’s general bug.

And one last quastion:
The push notification for Nextcloud Talk works well, but not for the calendar app.
I’ve already installed the App “Notifications for calendar event updates” but on iOS only the “fetch” or “manual” option is proposed. :pensive:

Is this due to iOS or are there some tricks to get push notifications for nextcloud calendar, too?

Thanks to this great community and the Nextcloud Team! Just updated the amazing iOS app today. It’s awesome! :slightly_smiling_face:

If the time settings on your mobile devices are ok, check the setting on the server. A two hours time difference is usually an indication for an incorrect setting of the hardware clock on your server. The hardware clock should usually be set to UTC and the software clock to the locale time zone.

Thanks for your quick answer but the hardware clock seems set to UTC.

Just switched the RTC to local time for fun but even there no difference. The reminder is still two hours too late, but the event time is right. :upside_down_face:

Hi,
could you solve this?

I have the exact same problem with a very similar setup
Ubuntu 18, NC 18.06, php7.4.4

email reminders arrive more than 2 hours late.

$ timedatectl
                      Local time: Sun 2020-07-05 22:54:53 CEST
                  Universal time: Sun 2020-07-05 20:54:53 UTC
                        RTC time: Sun 2020-07-05 20:54:54
                       Time zone: Europe/Berlin (CEST, +0200)
       System clock synchronized: yes
systemd-timesyncd.service active: yes
                 RTC in local TZ: no

A test-event was set to 13:10 CEST, my email-header tells me: 13:27:32 +0000 - i received the email at 15:27.

solved it by setting up cron properly as documented here:

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/configuration_server/background_jobs_configuration.html?highlight=cron

1 Like

Did u solve it by system cron service ?..or webcron ?..
we are using system cron and the time difference issue is still there.

yes, i solved this by setting up system cron.

1 Like