Calendar Plugin doesn't send mails

Hi,

I bought a calendar app with CalDAV sync support. This works pretty fine - it syncs all deadlines. But however, if I configure Mail reminder it doesn’t work. I mean, no reminder mails reach me. In Nextcloud the mail configuration is fine, I receive the test mail.

So, please tell me how to fix this :slight_smile:

cheers,

derwunner

1 Like

I have the same or a similar issue. I’m using nextcloud 17.0.1. Background jobs run via cron. I see something like “last task 2 minutes ago”. For groupware, I activated “reminders”. For the smtp server, test emails go into my inbox.

Best regards, Uli

I have the same problem.
Correct Email Setup (Test Email Received)
Cron working fine.

However, I don’t receive email notifications or alerts

I also encountered the same problem, do you know how to solve it ? can you share the solution if possible, thanks

:arrow_heading_up:
Check that this option is correctly activated in the admin groupware settings.

How can I check this? Here is a screenshot of the groupware settings:

Thanks a lot for your help!

BTW: My installation is very old. I migrated the config settings (config.php) through all of the revisions. Maybe this is an issue?

The nextcloud version I use is 18.0.3, and the reminder set in the calendar is: 5 minutes before the event starts, but no matter whether the reminder method is selected as notification or email, I can not get any response (SMTP setting is completed, the test email is sent successfully) , What am I doing wrong, this problem has troubled me for a long time, please help me to solve,thanks

Is your cron mode system cron ? Does it run often enough ?

We recommend using a dedicated background job for this task just in case (sorry, not merged yet in documentation) : https://github.com/nextcloud/documentation/pull/1773/files#diff-47ebb69e5332a182a8c72f74179f6402R31-R46

Today, I received my first invitation message from nextcloud. I did not change anything within the nextcloud configuration.

Here is what I did:

• I created a new appointment within an external calendar
  • I invited myself there
  • I didn’t use my regular email address, but “name.lastname+whatever@mydomain.com”
  • I accepted the appointment on my mobile and stored it within the nextcloud calendar
  • Nextcloud sends an inivtation email to “name.lastname+whatever@mydomain.com”

My impression is that I get the mails when using an email address not directly related to a nextcloud user. But maybe I’m wrong…

Upgraded to Nextcloud 20

Now the notifications seem to work OK. Thx

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.