Caldav problems with NC11

Just updated from 10.0.2 to 11. Everything seemed fine until I noticed my calendars were out of sync. Looking into the logs I found the following entries:

Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotFound react-text: 53 : /react-text HTTP/1.1 404 Principal with name users not found

Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated react-text: 42 : /react-text HTTP/1.1 401 No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is misconfigured

Removing the caldav-account on my device and readding it showed me, that Apple iCal was not able to authenticate, because it received the aforementioned 404 error.

I rolled back to 10.0.2, but this can not be the final saying on the topic, can it?

I use nginx 1.10.2 + PHP 7.0.14 + mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.19-MariaDB.

Thanks for your help (hopefully).

I had a similar problem with DAVdroid. It seems that the dav URLs changed in NC11.

I was using these redirects in my Apache config:

Redirect 301 /.well-known/carddav /remote.php/carddav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/caldav /remote.php/caldav

After changing both to /remote.php/dav it works again.

I don’t know if this is documented anywhere. HTH.


you can have a look here NC11 Troubleshooting WebDAV

To check the redirect:

$ curl -I

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 18:45:11 GMT
Server: Apache
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

1 Like

Thanks, so it IS indeed documented somewhere. :wink:

It would be great if changes like these could be found in some kind of migration document. I found the new URLs by looking at the Calendar and Contacts app and just happened to know that they were different in NC10.