Caldav/carddav sync only works from server to client

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 24.0.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)
PHP version (eg, 7.4): PHP 7.4.3
PostgreSQL 14.5
Android 11
Davx5 4.2.3.2-gplay
Thunderbird 91.13.0
tbsync 3.0.2

Hi there,

I am a long time owncloud user and I was thinking about switching to nextcloud.
Right now I do have a working setup with owncloud/Thunderbird+Tbsync/Android+Davx5. In this setup I can sync caldav/cardav both from server to clients as well as from the clients to server.

So I set up Nextcloud and added both in Thunderbord+tbsync and Android+Dax5 additional accounts for Nextcloud.
If I add new contacts or appointments in Nextcloud they are synced to my clients.
But the other way round neither new contacts/appointment from android nor from Thunderbird are synced into Nextcloud.

I guess that there might be some securityfeature to control the sync direction but I could not find anything like this in Nextcloud.

There are no errors in “Admin > Logging”, nor nextcloud.log, nor apache log.

I’m sure this is just a tiny thing, but I just can’t find the cause.
If someone has a hint for me how I can troubleshoot this I’d really appreciate it.

Bye, Dirk

Ok, I have identified the problem and it is sitting right in front of the keyboard.

The thing is that the new records are locally (on the clients) written in an owncloud calendar/adressbook and I have to write them locally into the new calendar/adressbook for nextcloud.

→ Fixed …

Afaik no function exists to only allow to push updates from the server to the clients. As long as you make sure that you select the contact in the correct address book (not the default Android one) which is synced with DAVx5 to Nextcloud changes should be synced.
Additionally it is important that you’re not synchronizing data to unsupprted fields. You can check this by exporting a record on Nextcloud to a csv-file before and after changing data, yo can compare if data is transferred.