Caldav and Mac osx

Hello

I have mac os high sierra , 10.13.4 in use, I don’t know since when, but the caldav connection to nextcloud no longer works.

And if I want to create a new account, I got the error “Account name/password could not be verified”

As I know, this problem has already been .

Nextcloud 13.0.2 without a firewall

Thanks

Do you have create this account not in WiFi but in Mobile? I could solve the problem with it.

Hello,
I struggled with the same error for quite some time (longer than I care to admit actually), and some how lucked into the solution while chasing down another issue… I’m not sure of your web config, but if your NC root dir is pointed at a subfolder ( i.e. /var/www/nextcloud/[your_nc_sub_dir]) be sure the .well-known redirect follows the same dir structure.

Ex. from NC installation guide…

Redirect 301 /.well-known/carddav /nextcloud/remote.php/dav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/caldav /nextcloud/remote.php/dav

Edit to include your NC installation path…

Redirect 301 /.well-known/carddav /nextcloud/[your_nc_sub_dir]/remote.php/dav
Redirect 301 /.well-known/caldav /nextcloud/[your_nc_sub_dir]/emote.php/dav

I changed it and it worked like a charm on OSX for both Calendar and Contacts.

Good Luck!

Thank you for your answer. I installed nextcloud with a snap and in the past, the connection has been working

@foomep , I want to create the account on OSX not on ios

You didn’t tell us what you changed since then? Update of Nextcloud or OS X? If it is a OS X update, it’s possible that they now check for these .well-known paths…

You can also check your logfiles what happens on your server. The .well-known-stuff would be visible in your access.log of your webserver, your OS X caldav-client is asking for it and gets a error (404, 403). You will also see, if there is any activity at all, in case you have a problem in your home network (probably a problem of foomep).

Hi tfidd

I didn’t change anything knowingly , but coult you tell me where i have to check this .well-known paths.

May be it is different because I have a snap installation

Thank you

Normally in your webserver configuration. They had an issue and fixed it:

The logs would be interesting. However, I don’t know the snap-world… (I moved and tagged your post, so hopefully the snap-guys catch up with you).

@ipaschalis i mean macOS too. You can use the hotspot on iOS for your mac.
I have described the problem here: iOS Calendar & Contacts sync