Built-in CODE Server enabled - what is the URL (and Port) of my Collabora Online-server?

Hello,

I just did a fresh install of Nextcloud 19, and opted to install the buit-in CODE Server for online editing. That succeeded, but the ā€˜Collabora Onlineā€™ app somehow didnā€™t successfully install, and opening Collabora Online page on the admin panel showed an internal server error.

I understand that Collabora Online can use this CODE Server to enable editing:

You have the Collabora Online app enabled. For further information and configuration, please check: Settings > Administration > Collabora Online

Removing and reinstalling that app solved that issue. But now Iā€™m left with the question: What is the URL I should enter?

EDIT: I see here that there should be an option to use the built-in CODE, but I donā€™t see it. Could it be that a RaspberryPi 3 doesnā€™t have sufficient RAM? (Iā€™d assume the server should still show up, might just not function really great.)

I manually installed Nextcloud etc, so no Docker.

are both apps installed ?

if yes and you cant start the build in CODE Server you can start it manually

see this post here.

for testing if the Collabora App (not the Code Server works) try a demo server somewhere.
if the app fires up and you can edit a doc you won.

Hi @n0plan
Thanks for the quick reply! For some reason the AppImage is in the folder, but canā€™t be used (?)

pi@raspi-cloud:~ $ cd /var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora/
pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ sudo -u www-data ./Collabora_Online.AppImage &disown
[1] 15103
pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ sudo: ./Collabora_Online.AppImage: command not found
^C
pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ ls
Collabora_Online.AppImage

Any idea?

[quote=ā€œglotzbach, post:3, topic:90699ā€]

pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ sudo -u www-data ./Collabora_Online.AppImage &disown
[1] 15103

leave &disown out
see what log files say it takes some time to start

Ok, that doesnā€™t work either:

pi@raspi-cloud:~ $ cd /var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora/
pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ sudo -u www-data ./Collabora_Online.AppImage
sudo: ./Collabora_Online.AppImage: command not found
pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ ls
Collabora_Online.AppImage
pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ sudo Collabora_Online.AppImage
sudo: Collabora_Online.AppImage: command not found
pi@raspi-cloud:/var/www/nextcloud/apps/richdocumentscode/collabora $ Collabora_Online.AppImage
-bash: Collabora_Online.AppImage: command not found

Iā€™ve reinstalled both the CODE server and Collabora Online via occ. Could it be that www-data doesnā€™t have the rights over this file, or that my system doesnā€™t know how to handle AppImages?

the riski part for testin is
settin it to chmod 777 and try to start it again
if fails set back the rights do not leafe it on 777
brNP

Thanks @n0plan, and sorry for the late reply. I just gave execution rights with sudo chmod -x Collabora_Online.AppImage, but to no avail, unfortunately. (That is, I just refreshed the Collabora Online settings page - but the option to use the CODE server did not appear.)

Also, sudo -u www-data Collabora_Online.AppImage still gave sudo: Collabora_Online.AppImage: command not found. So Iā€™m still wondering whether my system has support for executing AppImages at all? Iā€™m running Raspberry Pi OS Lite.

Ok, I think the issue is that the CODE AppImage is not compatible with ARM-based systems. According to their System requirements:

Linux x86-64 platform

And RaspberryPi is not and x86-64 platform, so it wonā€™t work.