Building the client - qt5 missing on Mint 17.2

Hello everyone,

now that I have my Nextcloud up and running (perfectly through my web browser) I was looking into getting the desktop client installed. I am using Linux Mint 17.2.
Has anybody had any luck installing the client on Linux Mint yet?

When running the cmake command

–> cmake -D OEM_THEME_DIR=pwd/…/nextcloudtheme …/client <–

the installation is aborted. These are the last lines of the output:

– Looking for strerror_r - found
– Looking for utimes
– Looking for utimes - found
– Looking for lstat
– Looking for lstat - found
– Found Qt5 core, checking for further dependencies…
– Using Qt 5!
– If possible compile me with Qt 5.4 or higher.
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108 (message):
Could NOT find Qt5Keychain (missing: QTKEYCHAIN_LIBRARY
QTKEYCHAIN_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:315 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake/modules/FindQt5Keychain.cmake:35 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
src/CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package)

– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also “/usr/local/src/client_theming/build-linux/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log”.
See also “/usr/local/src/client_theming/build-linux/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log”.

So apparently qt5keychain is missing. It is also missing from the standard repositories (apt-get install qt5keychain responds unable to locate the package). Is there a workaround and if there is not, where did you guys get the package?

Hi,
check wether all dependencies fits or not:

apt install build-essential git cmake openssl libssl-dev sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev qt5-default libqt5webkit5-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools python-sphinx texlive-latex-base inotify-tools qt5keychain-dev

You may also have a look at this mini how to:
https://www.c-rieger.de/how-to-install-nextcloud-desktop-client-for-ubuntu/

cheers, carsten

Hi carsten,

thank you very much for your reply. I already found the mini guide on your website before starting this topic, so thanks for publishing this guide. As I am pretty much a newbie in the “server-business”, I am not sure how to check for dependencies? I assume I can just run the command you posted and if all dependencies are in place apt should install all the packages that are listed in the command.
However when I am running the apt command that you posted here (and on your website as first step), this is the output:

sudo apt install build-essential git cmake openssl libssl-dev sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev qt5-default libqt5webkit5-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools python-sphinx texlive-latex-base inotify-tools qt5keychain-dev
[sudo] password for user123456
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package qt5keychain-dev

I believe this means that there is no such package as qt5keychain-dev in the repositories. Where do I get this package from i.e. what repository can I use to get this package and also all the other packages qt5keychain-dev may need in order to run well?

Appologize - i did not retry.
Please have a look here: Download q75keychain
This should help :wink:
Cheers, Carsten

1 Like

Hello again,

unfortunately this does not help me out much further.
Yes, the website you mentioned is giving me access to qt5keychain-dev. However this package depends on other packages that are not installed on my system and cannot be installed since they are not part of the repositories. I feel that this is a dead end. Isn’t there a more convenient way to get qt5keychain-dev and all its dependencies at once without having to download each package on its own?

Carsten,

thank you again very much for your help. I did my homework on Linux and found a typo in the sources.list-file where I added the ubuntu repository so that I can download qt5keychain-dev in the first place. After fixing the typo I gained access to qt5keychain-dev alongside with its dependencies and could build the client without any further problems.
On my laptop there is a newer Mint installed (namely 18.1). There qt5keychain is already in the standard repository and the tutorial on your website goes like clockwork.
Now that sync is working perfectly I close this topic.

:+1: perfect! thank you for your feedback.