Building a standalone application for Nextcloud Client

Hi,
I am working on a Mac Environment. I want to make some changes to Nextcloud client applications and build an executable that can work as a setup provided by NextCloud.(like a standalone application that can be distributed to other users).
So far I have not come across any documentation to create an executable package. There is documentation that can run the client but that is only for a development environment.

My question is to compile the client in such a way that it can generate standalone applications for all different environments.

Any tools, webpages suggested?

1 Like

@rakekniven @tflidd @misch Any help is appreciated.

Hello @lakshayverma629,

welcome to the Nextcloud community.

I am not a dev at all and would forward you to IRC, GitHub or wait for a response of @misch or @camila.

Cheers

@rakekniven Thanks for welcome.

Much Appreciated for your help.

@splitt3r this documentation helps in building the client and running but so far it doesn’t mention “How to Create a standalone application”.
For eg. Make changes in client (Changing theming and names etc) and then generate a .dmg or .exe file for installation in MacOS and Windows.

Most of the discussions covers branding but compilation is not discussed anywhere.

Yes. I have gone through it. But the dev environment should not affect the target for which the executables are generated for.
Also, I am working on MAC environment.

Thanks @splitt3r.
I eventually had to build separate clients in different environments.
https://github.com/nextcloud/client-building/ explains excellent steps and scripts to generate client on windows. For Mac, it takes some careful path setting when compiling qtkeychain and client. plus some additional libraries required.