Bug NC25 RC2 and NC24 (caldav)

I think I found a bug which exists since NC24 and is also present in NC25 RC2.

Moving an event from one calendar to another does not get propagated to connected clients.
I opened a github issue with detailed description here: [Bug] 25.0.0 RC2 and 24: MOVE via caldav does not get propagated to connected clients · Issue #34162 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

I am looking for people to test and confirm this. Is there anybody who wants to check this out (it only takes a couple of minutes)?

Steps to reproduce

• Create an event on client-1
  • let client-2 sync
  • move event from one calender to another calendar on client-1
  • let client-2 sync
  • the move of the event somehow does not get through to client-2. Instead the event is displayed twice on client-2 (once in each calendar).
  • Trying to move the event from the original calendar on client-2 returns a 404 (because the event was already moved to another calender from client-1)

EDIT: the bug is also reproducable with the Nextcloud Calendar app: moving an event from one calendar to another in the Nextcloud calendar app does not lead to any change within the client calendars at all.

Fantastic job reporting your issue! Hope you get it resolved soon. :pray:

1 Like

I’m not able to reproduce this. Events move properly from one calendar to another one and sync with clients is ok. On NC 24.0.5.

1 Like

Which OS do your clients use?

I use Evolution on Linux.
On NC on the web interface, when I move one event from one calendar to another one, the sync is ok on the web interface as well as on my desktop client. And on my Android phone.

When I move one event on my desktop client, the sync is ok on the NC web interface as well as on my Android phone.

1 Like

Oh, then might only iOS be affected.
Thanks for testing and reporting back!