Blank login page (500) and calendar clients getting error 500

Nextcloud version : 16.0.1
Operating system and version: DSM 6.2.2
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.39
PHP version: 7.2

The issue you are facing:
This morning NextCloud was working fine. The last update was a while ago one pending App update (group users or something) I ignored. All DAVdroid clients were synching fine. And this afternoon, all of a sudden, all the DAVdroid clients staring reporting http error 500. So, I want to check out what is happening and try to pull up Nextcloud via browser, and it just gives me blank page. No message, no nothing.

I’ve checked out the web server, it’s running fine, other installed php script work as intended. MariaDB works fine, other programs needing it are working fine.

Any ideas where to look?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? : Yes

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:
Can’t get there.

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => '', 'passwordsalt' => '', 'secret' => '', 'trusted_domains' => array ( 0 => 'INET1', 1 => 'INET2', 2 => 'LOCAL', 3 => 'localhost', ), 'datadirectory' => '/volume1/clouddata/nextcloud/data', 'filesystem_check_changes' => 1, 'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://DOMAIN/nextcloud', 'dbtype' => 'mysql', 'version' => '16.0.1.1', 'dbname' => 'nextcloud', 'dbhost' => 'localhost', 'dbport' => '', 'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_', 'dbuser' => 'nextcloud', 'dbpassword' => 'nextcloud', 'logtimezone' => 'UTC', 'installed' => true, 'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu', 'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp', 'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl', 'mail_from_address' => '', 'mail_domain' => '', 'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'LOGIN', 'mail_smtpauth' => true, 'mail_smtphost' => '', 'mail_smtpport' => '465', 'mail_smtpname' => '', 'mail_smtppassword' => '', 'theme' => '', 'loglevel' => 2, 'maintenance' => false, 'ldapIgnoreNamingRules' => false, 'ldapProviderFactory' => 'OCA\\User_LDAP\\LDAPProviderFactory', ); The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in `/var/log/____`: pretty hard to get at on DSM

OK, so first off sorry for blaming nextcloud, just for others maybe the solution may be helpful.

For years now, I have had the database server set to “localhost”, als all other script have. As I read in some forum, sometimes localhost and 127.0.0.1 are not the same. I replaced localhost with 127.0.0.1 in the config/config.php file and I was back in business.

I still can’t explain it, as the server had recieved no updates, so configuration changes, nothing. Crazy stuff.

Enjoy.

Congrats.

You learn something and you shared !!!

Way to go !