I am a beginner with php, and i want to create a very basic app where to start from scratch. I am currently at the “hello world” app example but i cannot go further. I am trying to use the php library called jpGraph, i have created in the lib folder first_graph.php file with the sample code provided by jpGraph for creating a bar graph referencing two more php files needed from this library (require_once (‘jpgraph.php’); require_once (‘jpgraph_bar.php’); in the code) that i have copied also in the lib folder.
After this, i just add bellow the h1 Hello World line in templates/content/index.php another line as stated in the jpGraph documentation but when i access to my app i just receive the hello world line as expected and bellow a broken source icon coming from this line.
Could some body help me to get this first jump?
Nobody? is this the right place to ask for some help?
Ask in #nextcloud-dev on irc.freenode.net and be patient
do you mean you created a file like this?
and you try to include this in index.php via a require?
I am not sure if this is the way to go.
- put your 2 new files not into lib/ but into a 3rdparty/jpGraph in your app root. the controller in lib/ are only yours
- in your index.php try to include them via
- then put all the code from the demo page into the index.php itself and see if this works.
- if it works, you have your fist basis to start off
- next step would be to get your data e.g. from a database via a /lib/controller/ and include them dynamically in your page. but first things first
Thanks Rello! That was exactly the kind of help i was looking for!!
I followed exactly your stepts ( the only difference from my original one was the folder location and the DIR on the require) but i am still getting the same result, it seems like if it looses all the css and i get just the index.pho from navigation and settings folder with no css format, so i couldnt get this base where to start off…
Any other idea??
I guess you don´t have it on github yet?
Thanks Bernahard, i will try this option too.
By the way, tried accesing resources throught template/content/index.php echo and it didnt work for me, even trying to access img files.
(its updated on github too).
<img src="/lib/linear_plot.php" alt="" border="0">