Bad Signature error message after enabling encryption app

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 10.0.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): Debian Jessie
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Nginx 1.10.2
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 5.6.30

Hello,

I have a Nextcloud 10 installation with a few users where the encryption app has been enabled at a later stage. Unfortunately since enabling the encryption app we got some “Bad Signature” error messages on some files and therefore the desktop sync client stops and can not synchronise all the files any more.

In the mean time I have also made sure all users have logged in and out of the web interface so that they all have a private and public key as well as re-created the shares.

Any ideas how I can fix that?

Thanks

Do you really need the encryption app (do you use external storage)?
Did you delete stuff from the database manually? Or change passwords/keys?

Yes, I really need the encryption app for local storage. I did not delete anything manually from the database nor the filesystem and unfortunately I can not say of any users have changed their password or not. I what know is that some users never logged through the web interface meaning that AFAIK their private/public keys where not generated and they uploaded some files.

Check the first yellow box on this page to make sure that there is no misunderstanding: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/admin_manual/configuration_files/encryption_configuration.html?highlight=encryption%20app

For the rest, it’s probably the best to create a bug report on: Issues · nextcloud/server · GitHub