Bad Experiance Buying from Daniel Hansson ! Anyone else?

Well, that can happen. However, if it is too often there could be an issue that some things are not so clear or confusing. I had some wrong orders in the past, when it was related to strange user experience, I explained it to the operator and they mostly refunded me (since I did actually buy what I intended).

I don’t know how you get to that, or is your accountant taking half an hour to process the payment?
You could offer some kind of upgrade, if someone bought a version and wants to upgrade to the larger version or upgrade, you just ask for the difference (or some extra on top). It’s hard to pay twice the price.
It’s up to each business how to handle these cases. Legally, you probably can charge a customer twice.

I had a bit trouble about how you know someone is laughing in an e-mail. To be sure, you could record any purchase, so you can proof when there is something wrong. I had some good experience with shops, where I went back. Others, that said sorry, we can’t help you, I tried to avoid in the future. But the cheap ones often come with this price.

1 Like

I said I didn’t have anything to add (and I I’m still not sure if this is the right move, please let me know if it isn’t and I’ll remove it), but, to avoid any suspicion - here’s the text in my replies to him:

What you are stating is impossible.
I can check the logs, but it never happened before.

Ok, I will check the server logs.

“Many” here are like 10 per year maybe (less than 1% of all the purchases):

Look,
Many people do the same thing: Don’t pay attention to what actually says. Hyper-V or not. Hence the terms of conditions.
I checked the logs and you bought the wrong version.
End of story.

Well… That’s impossible. There are no 301 or 302 redirects from the OVA download to the Hyper-V VM.
Also, if the link was wrong in some way, I think everyone that bought it would have complained. You are the only one for the past 4 years that made such a claim.
Also, when you trash me on the internet, please also include a screenshot if the actual order you placed and a link to the Hyper-V VM. Anything else would be dishonest. Thanks.
I have nothing more to add here.

He said: “Prove it!”

You can prove it to yourself by actually buying the correct version: Nextcloud VM – Microsoft Hyper-V – 1 TB – T&M Hansson IT
This is what you bought: https://shop.hanssonit.se/product/nextcloud-vm-1-tb/
Do you notice the difference? I don’t know how it could be more clear than that I’m afraid.

Please just admit that you made a mistake instead. 1. You bought the wrong version 2. You got your money back 3. You tried to trash me in the forum. 4. I have kind of proven that you actually made a wrong purchase 5. Now you threaten me to post the VM online for free. Doing what you just said, unlawful since you accepted the legal terms and conditions which states that one download equals one deployment in production. Making it a torrent and spread it isn’t legal.
I really don’t want to involve any lawyers here.
You didn’t loose anything but time, to save some time on your end, just stop with what you’re doing. It would save us both some time actually.
Thanks.

And yeah, just placed an order for myself, and got the correct version.
Please see attached.

I’m not a scammer.
It clairly says in the legal terms that you agreed to.
I will explain to Paypal if you chose to refund. Maybe they understand better.
Basically you ordered a product, you got exactly what you ordered. Then you downloaded it, and now you want another product for free?
Sorry, it doesn’t work that way.

Sure, I may come up as frustrated some times, but the replies I got where a lot of #%&“%#”&, I was just trying to be nice and answer his emails. Actually, now I regret it.

This is mostly just to show my against him to avoid any suspicion about the “laughing” (I think he means arrogant) part.

4 Likes

[tflidd],

I call BS on his part where he says it cost’s him 50$ to fix, that’s bs, he uses an automated website and pay pal. He’s making money off an open source piece of software!

when you see an isssue, but reply with “Have a Nice weekend anyway’s” thats a direct slap laugh in the face.

Anyways i’m over this, anyone asks about this guy its PURE 100% POS! and to stay away ! I’ve mentioned it other places and will continue for a LONG TIME !

I made money too from a free software. Where is the problem ?
I maintain nextcloud on client server and do hotline.

@enoch85 provide automated VM for an easy way to try nextcloud.

He can do it for free or he can put a paywall.

You get your money back, you can use your .ova file or get back to the website to buy the .vdmx file

3 Likes

I don’t have my money back from Paypal Yet. I’m still waiting.

@tflidd

Regarding the €50 that’s an assumption based on how long I know it takes to book it (quick), and the process of refunding it from the books - which is a much greater process.

Sure, It may sound expensive, but without going in to details, they are good, and they d all the economical stuff for me so that I can concentrate what’s important, producing good stuff for Nextclouds users.

You could offer some kind of upgrade, if someone bought a version and wants to upgrade to the larger version or upgrade

Actually not a bad idea.

https://shop.hanssonit.se/product/upgrade-vm-wrong-version/

@Mr_Dashpuppy

anyone asks about this guy its PURE 100% POS! and to stay away ! I’ve mentioned it other places and will continue for a LONG TIME !

You make a service available, you spend time (a lot of it), have a day job (9-5 in addition to the company I run), have a family, a house to pay, food on the table and yeah the list goes on… It’s actually hard work behind these VMs.

Again:

You are free to support the work I do (countless hours) by buying a VM, or you can choose to download it for free. It’s your choice, and I’m happy for users that choose to show their gratitude by purchasing one of the paid versions.

Btw, it would be nice of you to link the places you talked about here so that people get the whole picture and not just yours.

Well, that ‘have a nice day’ is how many sales persons ends their mail/conversation. I don’t think it’s laughing at all. Of course it’s not the best way to end the conversation when you’re unable to help customer. I’m not native English speaker, so I can’t give a good example how to end conversation. Maybe something like ‘sorry, we weren’t able to help you’ would be better to hear/read than ‘have a nice day’ when you are a little bit uppset.

@Mr_Dashpuppy

this is no problem since the licencemodel of nc allows this… plus he isn’t selling the code (which is free) he is selling a service. in his case: a hosting-service.

on the other hand this isn’t allowed. if the guy you’re battling here (@enoch85 ) would be low down and coming from behind as YOU apparently are (face the truth) he would file a lawsuit against you. other than you he would even have all rights doing so.
plus do you remember: once a software was illegally shared on the net it would be out forever. this will do a great damage to daniel’s company. i wonder if you’re fully aware of your actions, in general and in specific. again.

take into consideration that is what a native (i am not, obviously) thinks about it. which would mean, on the other hand that YOU might got it wrong, instead. again.
i mean after you posted that screenshot of that mail i was like "what? where’s the laughing here? daniel just tried to be nice wishing you a nice day though he knew that he couldn’t be of any more help for you… knowing that YOU caused yourself some trouble by downloading a wrong file. (note again: YOU seem to be far from perfect… get that straight with yourself - i mean it’s ok for me. noone is perfect and smart ppl would take their own imperfection into consideration).

all in all… i never used one of daniel’s services before and i didn’t even know that @enoch85 was that specific guy behind that company… i think i even did never talk to him before. but by reading through this thread with a neutral mind it got clear to me that apparently HE behaved good. looking at your recations here… well it’s not up to me judging you. let me say just this: you could have done better here.

my 2ct

4 Likes

We purchased two VMs from @enoch85 and have been pleasantly surprised with the support we received from the developer. We paid for the support and it was worth it when Daniel went above-and-beyond to optimize our server, which wasn’t part of our original support request.

And it looks like he is responding to the criticism on here to provide other options, which is much appreciated.

7 Likes

Thanks for your support guys! It’s you that keeps me motivated to work 15 hours per day!

1 Like

Little man, i work 25 hours a day and i have even some free hours to sleep during the same day !

Hey wait a minute …

1 Like

Lol! :smiley:

If you count both active and non active time it’s at least 23 hours. Aprox one hour off before I start and stop dreaming about it when sleeping. :slight_smile:

This situation with help is kind of weird. I see a lot of people asking for help in setting up very complicated bare OS Nextcloud installs, some buy vms. I have (for a while now) consistently offered free help setting up Nextcloud docker environments. I have images published (https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/bkraul/nextcloud), source code to the images available (https://git.belmankraul.com/docker/nextcloud), and what not.

I even have a mostly always online live (save for Sunday mornings and other eventualities) chat available at https://wiki.belmankraul.com/ . You would think that there are a lot of people asking for help. No one. So there in lies the paradox. People are willing to pay money to get something set up, but are highly dubious of someone who offers free help just because of finding out how amazing docker is, and because of the love for the software.

All the best to all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was asked to close this topic since these kind of topics tend to be picked up by someone to continue some endless discussion. Both parties did make their point, and hopefully it clarified the situation for everybody.

7 Likes