BackupJob convert MIME-Type "x-office/document"-File to PDF is not working

Nextcloud version: 15.0.7.0
Operating system and version: Debian 9
Apache or nginx: Apache2
PHP version: 7.3

So this is more like a Question to People who know better than me on this Topic:

I have installed and enabled the App “Automated PDF-conversion” (V1.0.1) and configured it the following way:

My Comments:

• Libreoffice is installed and works (>> libreoffice --convert-to pdf FILE)
  • Libreoffice binary is in /usr/bin/libreoffice

config.php:

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'XXX',
  'passwordsalt' => 'XXX',
  'secret' => 'XXX',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'XXX.de',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/var/nextcloud/data',
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '15.0.7.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'XXX.de',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloudXXXdb',
  'dbhost' => 'localhost',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'dbuser' => 'nextcloudXXX',
  'dbpassword' => 'XXX',
  'installed' => true,
  'mail_smtpmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_smtpsecure' => 'ssl',
  'mail_sendmailmode' => 'smtp',
  'mail_from_address' => 'XXX',
  'mail_domain' => 'XXX.de',
  'mail_smtpauthtype' => 'XXX',
  'mail_smtpauth' => 1,
  'mail_smtpname' => 'XXX@XXX.de',
  'mail_smtppassword' => 'XXX',
  'mail_smtphost' => 'XXX.de',
  'mail_smtpport' => 'XXX',
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 0,
  'updater.secret' => 'XXX',
  'default_language' => 'de',
  'default_locale' => 'de_DE',
  'defaultapp' => 'dashboard',
  /**
 * custom path for LibreOffice/OpenOffice binary
 * Defaults to ``''`` (empty string)
 */
  'preview_libreoffice_path' => '/usr/bin/libreoffice',
/**
 * Use this if LibreOffice/OpenOffice requires additional arguments.
 * Defaults to ``''`` (empty string)
 */
  'preview_office_cl_parameters' => '--convert-to pdf',
);

There is no log to show because there are no warnings, no debug messages, no Errors on A Background Job that has anything to do with that App. (By the way: I use AJAX-Mode for Job execution). If you still want a log i can happily add it.

By my understanding this App should now use the configuration from above and create a Background Job, converting any uploaded or changed File into a PDF-File if it is either a File of the MIME-Type “x-office/document” or has the Ending .doc / .docx / .rtf.
But it does not and I do not get any Information from the log except of other (to me irrelevant) Jobs:

“app”:“cron”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/cron.php”,“message”:“Run OC\Settings\BackgroundJobs\VerifyUserData job with ID 240”

“app”:“cron”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/cron.php”,“message”:“Finished OC\Settings\BackgroundJobs\VerifyUserData job with ID 240 in 0 seconds”

“app”:“cron”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/cron.php”,“message”:“Finished OCA\DAV\BackgroundJob\UpdateCalendarResourcesRoomsBackgroundJob job with ID 14 in 0 seconds”

“app”:“cron”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:“/cron.php”,“message”:“Run OCA\DAV\BackgroundJob\UpdateCalendarResourcesRoomsBackgroundJob job with ID 14”

When a File (test.rtf) is uploaded

“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“PUT”,“url”:“/remote.php/webdav/test.rtf”,“message”:“No cache entry found for /cloudadmin/files/test.rtf (storage: home::cloudadmin, internalPath: files/test.rtf)”

“app”:“files_antivirus”,“method”:“PUT”,“url”:“/remote.php/webdav/test.rtf”,“message”:“Response :: stream: OK\n”

“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“PUT”,“url”:“/remote.php/webdav/test.rtf”,“message”:“No cache entry found for /cloudadmin/files/test.rtf (storage: home::cloudadmin, internalPath: files/test.rtf)”

“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“PUT”,“url”:“/remote.php/webdav/test.rtf”,“message”:“No cache entry found for /appdata_ocr03ctii7ad/preview/6654 (storage: local::/var/nextcloud/data/, internalPath: appdata_ocr03ctii7ad/preview/6654)”

The File is never mentioned again in a Job that could be that “Job converting the Document to a PDF”.

I know this isn’t formatted or formulated very well but i hope someone understands where i am coming from and can help me by telling me what i am doing wrong or which wrong Expectations i have.

I am happy to post a full, but edited, log if needed.

If this is not a Forum for Asking a such Question, please let me know and i’ll (re)move this thread.

TL;DR: I Installed the App “Convert Documents to PDF” and it seems i am unable to use it properly or the App is somehow unable to create the BackgroundJob it is supposed to create.