Automatic upgrade from 17.0.4 to 18.0.2

@EdG973

you might wanna check out zimbra-apps “homepage” under apps.nextcloud.com yourself and find that it’s not yet working with nc18+ - at least it’s not tested.

Hello,

Thanks ! I was looking for this info without to know where to find it.

I am looking a way to cancel the upgrade process, because I click on start process, it downloads the nc v18.0.2 source… And now is on standbye to continue
Is there a way to cancel it ?

Best Regards

We’ve upgraded a few instances on that path successfully. Some of them experienced WSOD, but continuing the upgrade process from CLI worked perfectly every time.

-joho

Hello,

Must I concluded that NC 17.0.4 is the last 17 version ?
There won’t be a 17.0.5 version and next version is 18.0.2 ?

Best regards

From my point of view, there is no reason to upgrade. However, I recommend securing nextcloud beforehand. Furthermore, I had an error of the command chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/nextcloud
and adnn the upgrade was performed error-free.

ummm… release-schedule clearly shows there will be at least a 17.0.5 (scheduled for April, 23rd) and prolly a lot more as nc 17 won’t get it’s EOL before nc 19 will be out.

I thought 17.0.5 just came out, at least that’s what I think I saw right before upgrading to 18.0.3. And it is mentioned here: https://nextcloud.com/changelog/#latest17

Hello, thank for the news

In my NC 17.0.4, the updater only gives possibility to upgrade to 18.0.2 for the moment…
Will it propose the 17.0.5 update soon ?
Or do I have to perform it manually ?

there is allways a risk! you should backup before upgrading and
take int o account that it is very likely to fail!

Hello, you can do the update if we are in the “Sabil” (data loss crash etc.). Fire reports can:
(“Calendarobject_calid_index” in the table “oc_calendarobjects_props”. Missing index “schedulobj_principuri_index” in the table “oc_schedulingobjects” system .Rpi3B + (Nextcluot imege) version 18.0.3)

But this is easy to solve.

1. Possibility (my solution)
    about ssh Volgende Befele:

Then switch on the maintenance mode

Call up Nextcloud once. (The maintenance mode notice must appear)

Then enter the following commands.

code
cd / var / www / html / nextcloud
2nd
sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance: mode --on
3rd
sudo -u www-data php occ db: add-missing-indices
4th
sudo -u www-data php occ db: convert-filecache-bigint
Then switch off the maintenance mode again

sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance: mode --off

1. Possibility