Automated system security updates and apache restarts break Collabora/docker

Hi can anyone please help. I’m having to manually reboot a Collabora / Nextcloud server every time apache restarts or a system update restarts it for me.

If apache restarts and I’m using Nextcloud or then login to Nextcloud and try open a document with Collabora, I just get the “Well this is embarrassing…” error message.

Is there any kind of “keep-alive” system or way to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help.

add --restart-always to the docker statement and you’re all good.

Hi thanks but my docker statement already has “–restart always” in there…

Like this:

docker run -t -d -p 127.0.0.1:9980:9980 -e "domain=collabora\\.domain\\.com" --restart always --cap-add MKNOD collabora/code

I thought possibly I’d done this wrong and updated it to “–restart-always” instead, but that gives me an invalid syntax error. So “–restart always” seems to be right.

Any way, then as usual if I have a system update that needs to restart apache or I run service apache2 restart etc then my collabora fails again and gives the “This is embarrassing” error still…

Thanks if you can help with a fix :slight_smile:

Seems strange that it looses connection just because you restart Apache. If you are editing a document while Apache restarts, fine, then I can understand it. But yo shouldn’t have to restart the whole server just to get Collabora working again.

No clue here tbh. :confused: