Auto-delete local files when using virtual filesystem

Dear all,

I hope this has not been asked before, sorry for asking again if that’s the case.

Anyway, I recently applied the option to use a virtual filesystem for syncing, only keeping files on my PC that are required when I’m offline. Of course, when I open an “online only” file a local copy is created, but this local copy stays on my PC even after I finished editing as long as I actively use the “Free up space” option. Is there a way to automatically delete local files after editing (or after x days).

I’m also thinking about the following workflow: Move unsynced file to Nextcloud directory → File gets synced → File is deleted locally afterwards (Kind of the opposite to “Always keep on this device”).

Thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Hello,

I am also looking to do the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Is there a way to force the free of local file, for example via a scheduled task that would execute a command?

Does NextCloud client have an API that a PowerShell script could leverage?

I recall that OneDrive will gain a similar feature soon. When the drive starts to fill up, OneDrive will automatically clean-up files not accessed for a time. One assumes starting with the oldest first.

I’m also looking at a workflow where largish files (photos) may be loaded onto a Winbox and then synced to the Linux server. How do I then remove the files from the Winboxen without deleting them from the server when the client synchronises?