Audit/logging issue

Nextcloud version: 13.0.0
Apache 2.4.18
PHP 7.0.25

I need to be able to see what user viewed what files, preferably with the according time.
I have already read several posts about it, but none of the solutions seems to work for me.

The only thing that works so far is the User Usage Report, but that isn’t very specific. I have also loaded the Auditing / Logging app and even enabled the admin_audit, but I have no clue where I can check the logs that should be created, because I can’t find a single .log file that is affiliated with the nextcloud installation. Desperately looking for a solution.

Check apache logs :slight_smile:

The path of the log file is ‘/var/www/nextcloud/data/audit.log’.
But you must set the ‘loglevel’ to 1 in config.php, and enabled the Auditing / Logging

I did above but admin_audit events are missing in Logging app installed in latest Firefox browser like here:

I can see though audit.log file being written correctly, just Logging app does not display it. Why?
What did I do wrong?

On fresh install could see those events but once imported data from Nextcloud 12 something got broken.
Is there maybe some table needed to display audit.log file in Logging app?
Also noticed loglevel was not needed on fresh install to see admin_audit events.

hello, exactly the same issue here.
everything is logged well into the audit.log file, but its not displayed within the backend logging app, like its demonstrated here: https://nextcloud.com/wp-content/themes/next/assets/img/features/auditlog.png?x16570

how can I pipe them into this monitoring option?

Thank you

Same here the logging in the webui only shows whats in nextcloud.log. It doesnt show the audit.log.

yeah,
I wanna go deeper into HR and know when someone logs in, to get more momentum. :smiley:

I just filed a bug on the logreader app on this issue

1 Like

just updates to Nextcloud 15.0.7 stable and have the same issue.
The logon activity is written to audit.log, but i cannot see them on the Settings > Logging-page.

Hello !

Someone solved this issue?

1 Like

Hello,

version: 18.0.12
Apache 2.4.6
PHP 7.3.24

is there any update on this?