Audio player - Scan issue

Hi,
after the last update of NC and its apps I have some issue with del scan of the AUDIO PLAYER app I didn’t have with the previous version.

Server: Ubuntu 18.10
RAM: 4 GB
Nextcloud version: 16.0.1
Audioplayer app version: 2.7.0

Whether I click on “Scan for audio files” the process starts but without progressing (always 0% 0/0). I’ve processed the command sudo -u www-data php /usr/share/nginx/html/nextcloud/occ audioplayer:scan valerio and the output is:
Start scan for valerio
Start processing of audio files
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image

The scanning process is ongoing, but if I try to launch the scanning process via web interface it doesn’t work.

Help me please!

Hello,

a quick search found that it is an issue with your installed libpng library and/or the album arts containing incorrect data

PNG processing is used when cover art files are stored in the folder of an album.
relevant for AP are

• cover, Cover, folder, Folder, front, Front

with the extentions of

• png, jpg

So I assume that you have a wrong formated picture somewhere.
use the audioplayer:scan valerio --vv to get a hint on which file it is breaking

Rello

Thanks for your reply!

The output of the scanning process is the following:
Audios found: 63489
Duplicates found: 14
Written to library: 63423
Albums found: 4420
Errors: 52

How to check which files are duplicated and the error?

I’ve launched the command audioplayer:scan valerio --vv but I have the following error: The “–vv” option does not exist.

sorry. my typo. only one -
complete syntax:occ audioplayer:scan username -vv

I’ve launched the right command and it’s now processing.

What about checking duplicated files and errors?

Another issue: as you can see from the attached images, I’ve selected “Genres” in the dropdown menu and clicked on “Blues”, that incluedes a lot of tracks (759); the loading process is perpetual; after more than 2 hours there is always the loading image.
What’s wrong?

I think the process is too much long because it has to read about 65000 files.
How can I increase the performance of the process?

Hello @Valerio
thank you for coming back.

yes, scanning libraries with that many files might be a little challenging.
I have some ideas but need to find the time to enhance the speed.

how long does the display of the categories (e.g. all Genres) take to show up?

The problem you have is, that in your web-inspector you will see a getcategoryitems request. This will bring back a json with all tracks to be shown in the list. As this includes, Album, Artist, Name… it will have quite some MB in your case.

But the selection is one problem which I want to improve. But afterwards you have the second challenge, that the browser needs to render the whole display.

let me have a look