Assistance with connecting mail app to our local mail server

Hello Team,

Iā€™m trying to test out the mail app (version 0.7.10) connecting to our locally hosted mail server. Iā€™ve been able to successfully have rainloop (module in Nextcloud) connect to our mailserver, but Iā€™m having trouble with connecting this Mail app. Iā€™m not receiving an error, just a spinning ā€˜Loading Accountsā€™ message that wonā€™t stop loading. Iā€™m using the same settings I used in Rainloop so I know that these settings are correct so I have no idea what is wrong with using these settings in this Mail app. is there a log for the Mail App that would assist me in determining what Iā€™ve done wrong in setting up mail?

If there is special configuration that needs to be done in order to use the Mail app I would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. I did read the Admin guide and it appeared that using the Mail GUI settings is all I need. But I also see mention of adding default settings to a config. Could someone point me to which config I added my default mail settings too?

Thank you.

1 Like

How did you configure the mail app? Default configuration or each user individually?