APPS : External Storage / FreeIPA Server

Hello everyone,

I’m newbie on Nextcloud, I’m french guy who trying to setup cloud application for home usage but I meet problem when I would like to connect Samba Share with Nextcloud instance.
My environment / 3 servers :

• Fedora Server 30 with Freeipa Server
  • Fedora Server 30 with Samba Server
  • Fedora Server 30 with Nextcloud Server

My Freeipa is setup and works fine. Same thing for SAMBA, I followed the documentation to integrate SAMBA to IPA Domain, you could find the link below:

https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Integrating_a_Samba_File_Server_With_IPA

At this step, I can connect to my SAMBA share from Fedora Client with IPA users.

I install Nextcloud, setup LDAP authentication and It works fine. My IPA users can login in Nextcloud.
To continue, I install External Storage to connect my SAMBA Share. When I setup public share, it’s OK. Nextcloud connect to this share with guest account. I use “Global Credential, user entered”

But… When I setup shares whose need user authentication (from IPA Server) It doesn’t work.
In Nextcloud logs I have the followings lines:

[no app in context] Error: Icewind\SMB\Exception\ForbiddenException: Invalid request for / (ForbiddenException) at <>

1. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php line 62
    Icewind\SMB\Exception\Exception::fromMap({1: "Icewind\SM … "}, 1, “/”)
  2. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php line 74
    Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->handleError("/")
  3. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeState.php line 184
    Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->testResult("*** sensitive parameter replaced ***", “smb://server.domain.corp/secure-share/”)
  4. /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/files_external/3rdparty/icewind/smb/src/Native/NativeShare.php line 133
    Icewind\SMB\Native\NativeState->stat(“smb://server.domain.corp/secure-share/”)

On my SAMBA server I see Nextcloud connexion but It will try to find Windind server instead of authenticate to my IPA Server. I suppose format authentication problem…
I did search about problem with extenal share, but I don’t find topics who talk to SAMBA with FreeIPA server. So I write this post ;

Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.

Hello,

New try one year later and I get the same problem. Nobody has try to use Nextcloud in this configuration (FreeIPA Server + SAMBA) ?

Regards,

Rjames.