Apps disappearing

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.0.7.0
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.29
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.2.15

The issue you are facing:

Twice now I have found that apps I have enabled have disappeared. Not just disabled, but no longer listed at all (not even under disabled). I’ve been able to “Download and Enable” them again, and their settings would still be there.

For the most part, these are “Official” apps, and all are from the App Store.

Can be problematic, since one of the apps which was removed was my 2FA. Was able to use a code to get in to enable it again.

The system did update itself from 15.0.6.1 a couple days ago, and this started prior to that. Not sure if it has occurred since then however - will see if any others disappear going forward.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

Steps to replicate it:

1. Download and Enable an app
  2. Wait

When facing this issue again, please check your /path/to/nextcloud/apps directory to check whether the affected apps are indeed not present on disk anymore.

Also enable debug log via /path/to/nextcloud/config/config.php (log level 0) and check the logs from web UI or /path/to/<nextcloud_data>/nextcloud.log if there are any errors or unexpected background jobs responsible.

Actually nothing should change your apps state, besides when updating Nextcloud to a new major version (was not in your case) and not all apps support the new version yet. Also then they are not removed, but disabled only. So there might be an issue with your disk, R/O state, async issue, I/O error or such. Checking dmesg for related disk errors might be worth it as well.

I checked the /apps folder, since there are a couple of apps I had downloaded/enabled last week which are now missing, and there is no folder for them there currently.

Also all the folders in there, with the exception of the apps I just reinstalled, are dated 4/8 (the server was setup a few weeks ago).

Have set the logging to debug, and went ahead and dug into the logs more, ran across this, from about the time the first round of apps disappeared.

{“reqId”:“lQM6E5b1nPzU90ZptaZq”,“level”:1,“time”:“2019-04-06T18:04:35-05:00”,“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“updater”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:"\OC\Updater::incompatibleAppDisabled: Disabled incompatible app: groupfolders",“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“15.0.5.3”}

Several other apps were also “Disabled” for the same reason. All the apps were loaded via the AppStore originally.

Will keep an eye on it, and see if it happens again.

Still having issues with this, even after several updates.

05:00",“remoteAddr”:"",“user”:"–",“app”:“updater”,“method”:"",“url”:"–",“message”:"\OC\Updater::incompatibleAppDisabled: Disabled incompatible app: groupfolders",“userAgent”:"–",“version”:“16.0.2.1”}

This appears to have occurred as part of the upgrade to 16.0.3

If this is going to happen every time it updates itself, I will need to disable the autoupdate, since this is not acceptable (especially since of the plug-ins it keeps killing is my 2FA).

Any assistance would be appreciated.