Apps and Users pages are blank

I just upgraded my 17.0.3 to 18.0.1. There were some issues along the way but
NC 18.0.1 does start. All my data is present and CODE and OnlyOffice are still working., however my installation of Talk was not present.

When I try to open the App Store page or Users page from the upper right the pages are blank. I logged in with my NC admin account. Any suggestions? I have been searching for a post on this subject, and can’t find any. Seaching web logs or sniffing web traffic has not revealed anything.

Thanks,
Dennis

It could be a caching problem which causes the problem, so I would recommend to clear your browser cache first. Additionally you can try to access Nextcloud using a different browser. Finally you should check the Nextcloud log file for related messages. Sometime aan app has caused problems during a system update and requires a re-installation or reactivation.
You will find several similar reports using the search function of this forum :wink:

I have already tried clearing the browser cache and a different browser to no effect and the log files give no clue. How can I install an app if my apps page is blank?

The log entries I see in /var/log/nextcloud.log are:
{“reqId”:“azjT1dVFzY6N7XPlr3aU”,“level”:0,“time”:“February 19, 2020 22:07:41”,“remoteAddr”:“143.59.118.83”,“user”:“root”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/settings/users",“message”:“Deprecated event type for OC\Settings\Users::loadAdditionalScripts: null”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 PureBrowser/60.9.0”,“version”:“18.0.1.3”}

and

{“reqId”:“muQ7G8gHNvzGG4bh4cRc”,“level”:0,“time”:“February 19, 2020 22:05:54”,“remoteAddr”:“143.59.118.83”,“user”:“root”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/settings/apps",“message”:“Deprecated event type for \OCP\Files::preWrite: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\GenericEvent”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 PureBrowser/60.9.0”,“version”:“18.0.1.3”}

“reqId”:“muQ7G8gHNvzGG4bh4cRc”,“level”:0,“time”:“February 19, 2020 22:05:54”,“remoteAddr”:“143.59.118.83”,“user”:“root”,“app”:“no app in context”,“method”:“GET”,“url”:"/index.php/settings/apps",“message”:“Deprecated event type for \OCP\Files::postWrite: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\GenericEvent”,“userAgent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 PureBrowser/60.9.0”,“version”:“18.0.1.3”}

You can use the occ command line tool to install/activate/deactivate apps.

Never mind , I fixed the problem. I had extra files in my /var/www/nextcloud directory hierarchy.

what do you mean? I have the same problem

please could you expand on what you mean as i also have the same issue

short answer:

I added

“default_language” => “en”,

to
to /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

I’ve a solution that worked for me. YMMV.

NextCloud 27.1.4
Unraid 6.12.4
Core i5 12th Gen
32GB RAM
PHP memory_limit set to 4096 (trying to give Recognize some more resources)

The apps page was blank for me and I was seeing the following errors in my NextCloud logs:

[PHP] Error: Undefined array key “en” at /config/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/AppSettingsController.php#375
GET /settings/apps/list
from by at 2023-12-05T18:31:47+00:00

[PHP] Error: Trying to access array offset on value of type null at /config/www/nextcloud/apps/settings/lib/Controller/AppSettingsController.php#375
GET /settings/apps/list
from by at 2023-12-05T18:31:47+00:00

Looking at the code I guessed the language setting wasn’t getting set somewhere correctly. So I added:

“default_language” => “en”,

to /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

It was a SWAG. I figured a default had not been set. Problem is I do not know when the app page started showing as blank. The last app I installed was Recognize but I don’t recall if I looked at Apps page after that.

In additional my server took a digger (maybe me letting Recognize use to many resources??)

That said I think I simply masked a larger problem because the lines in questions in AppSettingsController.php are:

‘description’ => isset($app[‘translations’][$currentLanguage][‘description’]) ? $app[‘translations’][$currentLanguage][‘description’] : $app[‘translations’][‘en’][‘description’],

‘summary’ => isset($app[‘translations’][$currentLanguage][‘summary’]) ? $app[‘translations’][$currentLanguage][‘summary’] : $app[‘translations’][‘en’][‘summary’],

And I suspect the false expression in the ternary operation still fails if a default is not set.