App upgrade has locked me out of the server

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 23.0.0-ls170
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu, LSIO docker container
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Nginx 1.20.2
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.26

The issue you are facing:
I had been getting internal server 500 errors for a while but had been able to access the web GUI fine. When I initially looked at the logs, it was complaining about write access to a folder that I believe went to the calendar stack. I think it was trying to update images there or something but couldn’t.
chmod: cannot access /config/www/nextcloud/apps/calendar/unity.svg : no error infomation There are A LOT of lines similar to that one.

An update recently came out for Gestion (invoice app) and I used the web GUI to initiate the update. Now it is stuck at the update process and won’t proceed further. I can no longer access the web GUI

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y):

Steps to replicate it:
I don’t think “steps” are relevant in my case.

Here is the error I get from the web GUI

Update to 23.0.0
OC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "CHANGE": syntax error

Detailed logs 
Preparing update

Set log level to debug

Turned on maintenance mode

Repair step: Repair MySQL collation

Repair info: Not a mysql database -> nothing to do

Repair step: Repair SQLite autoincrement

Repair step: Copy data from accounts table when migrating from ownCloud

Repair step: Drop account terms table when migrating from ownCloud

Updating database schema

Updated database

OC\DB\Exceptions\DbalException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "CHANGE": syntax error

The update was unsuccessful. Please report this issue to the Nextcloud community.