App Links missing

Support intro

This is bizarre but I have lost access to apps along the navigation bar. I currently can see Dashboard, files, photos, activity. Nothing else. When I search for an app say music it says it is installed but is not showing in the navigation menu and it says that it is version 0. If i disable the app then download and enable it then reappears in the menu and in the case of music returns all my settings. I reinstalled calendar, contacts and mail but each version still shows as 0.

Nextcloud version (eg, 18.0.2): 20.04
Operating system and version; Linux 4.15.0-88-generic x86_64
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): ???
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.15

The issue you are facing:
As above apps missing from menu and showing version 0

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

[PHP] Error: Error: sys_getloadavg() has been disabled for security reasons at /data/www/*******/apps/serverinfo/lib/SystemStatistics.php#212 at <<closure>>

0. <<closure>>
   OC\Log\ErrorHandler::onError(2, "sys_getloadavg( ... s", "/data/www/gucu. ... p", 212, [])
1. /data/www/******/apps/serverinfo/lib/SystemStatistics.php line 212
   sys_getloadavg()
2. /data/www/*******/apps/serverinfo/lib/SystemStatistics.php line 68
   OCA\ServerInfo\SystemStatistics->getProcessorUsage()
3. /data/www/********/apps/serverinfo/lib/Controller/PageController.php line 57
   OCA\ServerInfo\SystemStatistics->getSystemStatistics()
4. /data/www/********/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 169
   OCA\ServerInfo\Controller\PageController->update("*** sensitive parameters replaced ***")
5. /data/www/888888/lib/private/AppFramework/Http/Dispatcher.php line 100
   OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->executeController(OCA\ServerInfo\C ... {}, "update")
6. /data/www/*******/lib/private/AppFramework/App.php line 152
   OC\AppFramework\Http\Dispatcher->dispatch(OCA\ServerInfo\C ... {}, "update")
7. /data/www/*******/lib/private/Route/Router.php line 308
   OC\AppFramework\App::main("OCA\\ServerInfo ... r", "update", OC\AppFramework\ ... {}, {action: null,_r ... "})
8. /data/www/********/lib/base.php line 1008
   OC\Route\Router->match("/apps/serverinfo/update")
9. /data/www/*********/index.php line 37
   OC::handleRequest()

GET /index.php/apps/serverinfo/update
from 92.24.98.52 by rich at 2021-01-10T17:00:37+00:00

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

Not sure how to get this?

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

Not sure how to get this?

Thanks for the help.

Rich

Unfortunately I don’t understand what you want to tell us. Can you please be more precise, describe in detail what exactly your problem is and provide a step-by-step description how to reproduce your problem. It might also be helpful to provide a screenshot showing what you’re missing.

The problem with providing a screenshot is that I think I have sort of fixed it.

When ! log into Nextcloud, at the top of my screen is the following menu:
Screenshot from 2021-01-10 17-21-02|645x157

Although I have managed to add into the menu some of the missing apps when I logged in 1 hour a go the top menu was showing only four app icons. I went to settings - apps to see if I could work out why they were missing.

The above screenshot shows where I navigated to. I looked for Music because that was the one I noticed missing but it did not show in my list of apps installed, so I did a search and when the music app showed in that search it had the word disable next to it which showed it was installed but the app version was 0.

I disabled the app and then re-enabled the music app and it came back. So I have my music app back but other apps missing so I went looking for other apps that were missing and I think I have found some but not all. I’ll keep looking but it looks like this is solving it however it seems like something was wrong and that is why I posted here.

I hope that helps.

Rich

Ok, it might be possible that the apps have been disabled during a Nextcloud update. In this case you need to re-enable it one-by-one.

BTW, I think the displayed PHP error has nothing to do with the described problem. You should try to search the forum for a solution, like e.g.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, it did happen after an upgrade.