App Idee: Ein/Ausgangsrechnungen - Incoming / outgoing invoices

I’ll write in English: (Austria)

I plan to make a new App for Incoming and Outgoing invoices. I’m not experienced with Nextcloud developing but I’m a Developer.
My Plan is that when you add a file you can give the file additional Details

• Incoming/Outgoing (Bool)
  • Contact (Nexcloud Contacts)
  • Ammount / Tax
  • Date (YYYY MM DD)
  • Nextcloud Project or Category

This can also be done for directorys. But at directory level you should not fill in all Informations.
For Example you can make a Structure
Incoming/2020/Project 1
(Directory incoming just defines the value in/out, 2020 just the year of the Date and Project 1 just a Catoegory.
When you put an Invoice in the Directory. you can add the missing values.
Because if there is a File in the Directory with missing values the programm can alert you.
So the File can be created in here via Multiple ways (E-mail upload, Workflow, Direct Upload, …)
Then we just need a View to calculate a certain Filter (Year 2020, Project 1) and so on.

I hope you get the Idea. I want to reuse every point on Nextcloud and just extend it a bit.
Is there someone who is experienced and willing to help me.
Is it even possible (and the right way) to extend the “Details” Tab of a File/Dir with an App?

Yes I saw Cospend and even talked to the maintainer. You can misuse cospend for this but it is not done the nice way.

Perhaps later this can be extended to write own Invoices / Bills in Nextcloud or even have articles and so on. But for start I want to keep it simple as possible.
I would need this for a management of an makerspace where i participate. But I think this could be useful to a lot of small companies.

5 Likes

Very cool idea!!!

A positive Feedback is great. But I hoped someone can participate an help me. I’m more the Java guy and could need some help for this. If someone is willing to help, we can make this together. I cannot start alone, because i know how this would end.

1 Like

Nextcloud needs an app like this. I like your idea a lot. The learining curve for creating good Nextcloud apps is quite steep and interfaces, api’s and methods are changing a lot within this ecosystem. Looking at 3rd party apps in the store, you’ll see apps without icons, apps that are not signed, untested for this release and so on. Developers don’t seem to e able to keep up with the changing ecosystem. I have considered writing apps for nextcloud, but I don’t want this to become a weekly routine to keep supporting the aoo we would make. We can have a chat and evaluate the documentation together.

By now it is only an Idea. I understand that it takes a lot of time. Thats why i posted the Idea in here to find some who like the Idea and help me starting this project. I will not start alone because I have not the Time for Developing, testing, … (alone).
Its nice that you have similar Issues. But Im looking for People who are interesting to help to develop the Idea and then make a Product (App) out of it.

@Norm

I’d like to kindly ask you to follow the forum rules… which say: if a thread was started in english keep to english with your answers. As this is read (and might be considered interesting) by users all over the world.
If you feel unsecure in english don’t hestitate trying translate.gurgel.tld (i avoided to like directly to google here… so please you know what to do)

Thank you.