Antivirus App missing since upgrade to NC12

Hi folks,

since the upgrade to Nextcloud 12 Iā€™m missing the Antiv-Virus App for ClamAV integration in the App store. Iā€™ve planned to insall it first time now with NC 12, but now it seems not to be available anymore.

Iā€™d very much appreciate some hints.

Cheers

Iā€™ve downloaded the latest version (https://github.com/nextcloud/files_antivirus) and put it in my ā€˜appsā€™ folder.

When I go to ā€œAppsā€, itā€™s now found under ā€œDisabled appsā€ and no way to enable it.

HELP!

yes,
you need to read this :

Wait for dev updates

Hi aikusuma,

thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Regards

Itā€™s possible to get it working if you install it from git. The version I had downloaded from the app store was causing some HTTP 500 errors randomly for other applications (particularly for Keeweb as well as the Additional Settings in the Admin panel), but the latest branch works with NC12, despite the documenation:

cd /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps
git clone https://github.com/nextcloud/files_antivirus.git
cd files_antivirus
git checkout stable12

If you use Keeweb as well, I also had to do this to get it working after doing the above:
nano /var/www/nextcloud/config/mimetypemapping.json
#Add: { "kdbx": ["x-application/kdbx"] }
As well as:
sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mimetype:update-js sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:mimetype:update-db --repair-filecache

The Keeweb thing is kind of a separate issue, but it was working at first with NC12 and then it started doing this after I fixed the antivirus app.

Edit: for some reason, the Enable button is greyed out in the Apps page, but it still looks like itā€™s working.

1 Like

thank you, 4oo4, your instruction worked for my NC12ā€¦

NC12 was released near the end of May 2017, are we still going to be stuck without antivirus support for more than three months?

1 Like

just logged to the NC website and itā€™s now talking about NC13 previewā€¦this is were true, then NC12 will be a major version that never had clamav supportā€¦ :frowning:

found another article that totally worked for me (NC12.)

found this articleā€¦want to attach it here to make sure it follows the chain: