Announcements and Notifications

When creating and sending an Announcement no one ever gets it because no one is ever notified that the Announcement was made. If I go to Announcements, which is a dropdown menu on the toolbar under the ellipsis in my case, it doesn’t show any signs of there being a read or unread announcement, there is no red-dot on the Notification Bell icon of the toolbar and no one gets an email that an announcement was sent. Is this how this app is intended to work? If so what is the idea of why it would be used? Is anyone working on this app to make it better? It would be a great app but as of now it doesn’t actually Announce anything to the masses. PLEASE HELP!

1 Like

Fixed my own problem. I was set to AJAX and nothing was updating. Changed to Cron and set the correct path to cron.php and here came a month’s worth of notifications.

2 Likes

Thank you for the solution, could you be more specific with the
"and set the correct path to cron.php " part?

The problem was, that the path to cron.php in my cron job was set to /var/www/nextcloud/cron.php. I think Nextcloud does that when it’s set to cron.

Cron.php is in your Nextcloud root folder.

In my case, I don’t have a Nextcloud folder since I installed to /var/www/ for my Nextcloud root.

If you installed Nextcloud in /var/www/nextcloud/, then cron.php should reside there and cron.php should work fine without intervention.

My solution was:

In cron, enable a job run by www-data, and call cron.php. This is the path and option I set that resolved it: php -f /var/www/cron.php

Hope this helps. Good luck.

1 Like

Where did you adapt that cron path? I still have the same issue, that no notification is being sent.

Well, when I change the background jobs to Webcron or Cron. It started working. But I do not understand why it works with these both, but not with Ajax?