Android nextcloud app - how to put data-directory on sdcard1?

I’m using a smartphone aquaris E4.5 with android Lollipop 5.0 and the android app does not show me my sdcard1. It’s a samsung 16gb sdcard , I formatted as FAT32, I ahve tried NTFS, I added a name to the Disk Label.
I have tried also a 8gb sdcard, anyway always both android nextcloud app ,stable and latest dev, both can’t access my sdcard , my nextcloud app “settings” simply do not show my sdcard as an option. It just show /storage/emulated/0 , and I can choose only that.

I have a VM with nextcloud 11.0.3.

any help ?? anything I can try??

Maybe @tobiasKaminsky can help here?

We are relying on the storage paths we get from android.
What kind of device is this?

bq aquaris E4.5 with android lollipop 5.0, I can only choose sdcard1 as default from android “setting>storage”, then a /DCIM/ and a /LOST.DIR directory is created in sdcard.

“nextcloud istant upload pictures” works both from internal storage or sdcard( if I choose in “settings>storage” to use the sdcard as default)

bq aquaris E4.5 with android lollipop 5.0, I can only choose sdcard1 as
default from android “setting>storage”, then a /DCIM/ and a /LOST.DIR
directory is created in sdcard.

“nextcloud istant upload pictures” works both from internal storage or
sdcard( if I choose in “settings>storage” to use the sdcard as default)

if the problem is android / BQ and can’t be solved I’m considering to
install LINEAGEOS ,

I’m not ready yet, I do not ahve another phone in case things will go
wrong, so I yet hope to fix that someway from Lollipop 5.0

It is unclear to me if you change the storage path from within the nextcloud app.
The setting is locating in nextcloud app -> settings -> storage path

The setting located in nextcloud app -> settings -> storage path doesn’t ever show the possibilities to use sdcard1(the external SDCARD).

In android configuration instead I can choose to put photos in external sdcard1. Rarely I’m able to move software to sdcard1 too.

We are using the path that android is giving us. Therefore I currently cannot imagine what the cause is why the external sdcard is not shown :-/

Log it on GitHub and be prepared to supply logs :slight_smile:

I have a github login now, and it would be not difficult to give logs too.

before I want to try to format again the sdcard, and to try a different sdcard too.I have read this:

aquaris E4.5 sdcard external is not working also for other apps like openstreemap.