Android Client - Unable to upload with wifi.. but 4g works?

Iā€™ll try that. Have you tried downgrading to 3.7.2 to see if it works for you?

Iā€™ll try that, im currently at android 3.8.0 app and the dev version, thanks

Are you behind cloudflare by any chance?

I am, yes.

So I think I got it working by disabling cloudflare proxy on the domainā€¦ It only worked for a few minutes so far, I will need to check later.

Problem could be dns towards the webpage, or something like that, since phone network provider use a different dns server than I do with my ISP / router.

I will try to add the following ips to the trusted proxy ones in my config and see if it works any better wirh cloudflare enabledā€¦ https://www.cloudflare.com/ips/

Disabling cloudflare proxy to my domain where my nextcloud reside, seems to solve the issue.

@bozrdang please try that you as well!

I temporarily disabled Cloudflare and indeed wifi uploads work now. I havenā€™t changed my configuration in over a year now so I wonder why it just recently stopped working.

So to add the IPs to the trusted proxy list using a wildcard, is it simply 173.245.48.x?

Weeelll I think you need to use /xx to define ranges. I guess nc documentation tells more. Iā€™m a bit busy this weekend so Iā€™ll look more into it tomorrow evening. Might be some header rewrites too, but not sure.

Well searching shows the * is the wildcard. I tried adding the IPs with and without the / bits and nothing seems to work with Cloudflare enabled but I am probably doing something wrong. You obviously know a lot more about this than I know as I don;t know anything about headers. Please let me know if you find something that works.

identical issue here, I also use cloudflare.
solution:
cloudflare->firewall->settings->disable ā€œBrowser Integrity Checkā€

works great!

2 Likes

Indeed it does. Thanks!

That was it! Thank you so much!
Just wanted to add that upload worked fine with my IOS clients and ā€œBrowser Integrety Checkā€ enabled. I assume itā€™s an error in the Android client only.

Regards