Android auto-upload from SD card

Is it a known issue that auto-upload doesn’t work from an SD card? I just got a Galaxy S9+, inserted a 64 GB SD card, and configured the camera to take pictures to the card. Then I turned on auto-upload in the Nextcloud app and it just won’t auto-upload anything. The pictures appear in the preview area of the auto-upload pane, but they never make their way to “uploads” and consequently they don’t get uploaded.

Using “force rescan” in the uploads pane doesn’t seem to do anything either.

It should work, but I don’t have access to S9+ unfortunately :frowning:

:confused:

Well, I got it “working” by setting up an app called FolderSync to upload files in my Camera folder to a temporary “staging” directory on Nextcloud, and a cronjob to move and rename files in that staging directory (because if I set up FolderSync to upload directly to the destination directory it seemed to have a habit of deleting the entire destination directory full of my photos).

What Android version is this?

Android version 8.0.0
Samsung Experience version 9.0
Kernel version 4.9.65-13087505 (Sun Feb 25 18:46:03 KST 2018)
Build number R16NW.G965U1UEU1ARBG
Android security patch level February 1, 2018

Nextcloud app version 3.0.3

Same here. Photo Upload don’t work instant and photos are saved in SDcard. Photos will upload sometimes even 2 days after.
Android version 8.0.0
Samsung Experience version 9.0
Kernel version 4.4.13-12993647
Build number R16NW
Android security patch level February 1, 2018

Nextcloud app version 3.1.0 RC1

Photos are not supposed to upload instantly. As long as they upload it’s fine :slight_smile:

Same issue here, with a Galaxy S9+ on Android 8.0. Setting auto-upload to pull from a phone storage folder works, but if the location (even a custom folder location) is located on the SDcard, it never uploads (not after 2 days, not after 2 weeks, never).

i wonder if its only a glitch referring to samsung s9+ - since it works flawlessly for me, using nokia 5, android 8.1 (SD-card formatted as internal)

The Galaxy S9 can’t mount an SD card as internal storage. It’s only mountable as external storage.

so it really could be b/c of samsungOS.

It’s possible, but I have another app (FolderSync) that has absolutely no problems detecting pictures being written to the SD card, so it’s not like it’s impossible for Nextcloud to work with it.