Android Apps keeps saving Server In Maintenance Mode

I’m on 3.19.0 of the Android mobile app. I just updated the server to 23.0.1.1 (RC3). Trying to fix my never ending cron jobs so tried the latest version to see if bugs have been fixed. The Android apps seems to periodically say the ‘server is in maintenance mode’. Its not - Server maintenance in config.php = false. Response time in general seems slow. If the app times out does the ‘server in maintenance mode’ message show?

Any ideas?

without any further informations on your server/environment/etc we can only guess. It’s like the lottery… mostly you’ll fail by guessing.

my guess here: have you installed nextcloud office or collabora or any other stuff like that? try disabling it.

Not running Collabora or nextcloud office. As a follow up I just received the following from my hosting provider: XYZ is my sanitized db name. For now I have disabled the bookmarks app to see if that heps. The broswer bookmarks extension Floccus seemed to have problems with lots of bookmarks with lots of subfolders and kept creating duplicates so may be a combination of these things?

Our server monitoring systems indicate excessive MySQL server load persistently maintained by your hosting account for XYZ.

Most of the MySQL load is caused by the following query:

Exec time 44 14789s 202ms 221s 65s 159s 52s 57s

Lock time 5 12s 179us 2s 53ms 356ms 227ms 657us

Rows sent 0 226 1 1 1 1 0 1

Rows examine 37 70.93M 11.82k 645.05k 321.37k 509.78k 175.00k 399.43k

Rows affected 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Bytes sent 0 457.92k 1.95k 2.38k 2.03k 2.06k 59.30 1.96k

Query size 0 293.67k 1.25k 1.67k 1.30k 1.33k 47.02 1.26k

String:

Databases XYZ

Hosts localhost

Last errno 1260

Users XYZ

Query_time distribution

1us

10us

100us

1ms

10ms

100ms

1s

10s+

Tables

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM XYZ LIKE ‘oc_bookmarks’\G

SHOW CREATE TABLE XYZ.oc_bookmarks\G

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM XYZ LIKE ‘oc_bookmarks_tree’\G

SHOW CREATE TABLE ‘XYZ’ .oc_bookmarks_tree`\G

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM XYZ LIKE ‘oc_bookmarks_tags’\G

SHOW CREATE TABLE XYZ.oc_bookmarks_tags\G

SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM XYZ LIKE ‘oc_bookmarks_shared_folders’\G

SHOW CREATE TABLE XYZ.oc_bookmarks_shared_folders\G

EXPLAIN /!50100 PARTITIONS/

SELECT b.id, b.url, b.title, b.description, b.lastmodified, b.added, b.clickcount, b.last_preview, b.available, b.archived_file, b.user_id, b.text_content, b.html_content, GROUP_CONCAT(tree.parent_folder) AS folders, GROUP_CONCAT(t.tag) AS tags FROM oc_bookmarks b LEFT JOIN oc_bookmarks_tree tree ON b.id =tree.id AND tree.type = ‘bookmark’ LEFT JOIN oc_bookmarks_tags t ON t.bookmark_id = b.id LEFT JOIN oc_bookmarks_tree tr ON tr.id = b.id AND tr.type = ‘bookmark’ LEFT JOIN oc_bookmarks_shared_folders sf ON tr.parent_folder = sf.folder_id LEFT JOIN oc_bookmarks_tree tr2 ON tr2.id = tr.parent_folder AND tr2.type = ‘folder’ LEFT JOIN oc_bookmarks_shared_folders sf2 ON tr2.parent_folder = sf.folder_id WHERE (((b.user_id = ‘me’) OR (sf.user_id = ‘me’) OR (sf2.user_id = ‘me’)) AND (b.user_id IN (‘me’))) AND (b.url = ‘https:deleted url’) GROUP BY b.id, b.url, b.title, b.description, b.lastmodified, b.added, b.clickcount, b.last_preview, b.available, b.archived_file, b.user_id, b.text_content, b.html_content, b.id ORDER BY b.lastmodified DESC, b.id ASC LIMIT 10\G

It appears that the Bookmarks App is making these queries. A possible solution would be to delete all bookmarks, as advised here:

If this action doesn’t reduce the MySQL usage, you can try completely disabling this app and also optimize the authentication procedure, as advised here:

Always renew apppasswords on login by rullzer · Pull Request #25460 · nextcloud/server · GitHub

I fixed this runaway by deleting all of my bookmarks and disabling the bookmarks app. For whatever reason while this was going on the Android app thought the server was in maintenance mode despite it not being (maybe because of the runaway?)