Android app won't upload files (permission error)

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 15.0.4
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): docker - linuxserver/nextcloud:latest
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): nginx 1.16.1
PHP version (eg, 7.1): 7.3.11

The issue you are facing:
the android app is not uploading files (also tried to make a new folder) and gets permission errors. this happened for me and my wife (different types of phones)

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N . been happening for at least a week, probably more.

Steps to replicate it:

1. open app

2. go to uploads to see the failed uploads

3. hit retry, and they fail, all the time

4. go to files

5. hit + and create a new folder… fails (permission error)

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

seems like a lot of sensitve data in here, but when looking at the logging gui, i tried to upload on the phone, it failed. refreshed the logging page, and there were no new entries…

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'memcache.local' => '\\OC\\Memcache\\APCu',
  'datadirectory' => '/data',
  'instanceid' => 'ocrpi8ltyvlj',
  'passwordsalt' => '...',
  'secret' => '...',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (...
  ),
  'dbtype' => 'mysql',
  'version' => '15.0.4.0',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => '...',
  'dbname' => 'nextcloud',
  'dbhost' => '10.0.0.252',
  'dbport' => '',
  'dbtableprefix' => 'oc_',
  'mysql.utf8mb4' => true,
  'dbuser' => '...',
  'dbpassword' => '...',
  'installed' => true,
  'maintenance' => false,
  'theme' => '',
  'loglevel' => 2,
  'updater.release.channel' => 'production',
);

I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

What is the precise error you’re seeing?

And what does the Nextcloud Server log show during the upload attempt?

This is what I see in the Nextcloud app.

These are the errors that pop up when I try to restart the Nextcloud app upload:

What happens when you upload files via the Web interface?

I can upload to the web interface fine.

The error from your logs looks like this issue[1], but I’m not sure how it manifests itself with the Android client. I’m not certain if it is causing the other behavior you’re seeing, or if the client just happens to also trigger the below at the same time.

[1] [Bug]: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry 'userid' for key 'user_status_uid_ix' · Issue #42625 · nextcloud/server · GitHub