Android App: forgot PIN

Hi

I’ve forgotten my pin for android app. How can I reset this pin code after tipping in my server URL address? The pin code has 4 numbers.

Many thanks for your support.

Best regards

I’m not aware of a function to reset the PIN, except you delete and reinstall the app on your phone.

This isn’t the solution. I can delete the cache, the app storage and also reinstall but after deleting and installing the app has also a app ping

Sorry, but I’ve never heard about an app ping`. What do you mean with it?

Here you can see similar print screens.

The pin looks like an alternative for fingerprint.

By default the app provides three settings, “none”, “PIN” and “Device specific credentials”, therefore my assumption was that the PIN is stored in its own database, while the third option uses the device settings. Maybe one of the developers (@tobiasKaminsky, @Andy) can shed some light on, how the apps handles the storage of the credentials.

1 Like

Afaik the “PIN” is stored within the app while the deeevice credentials come via the operating system. I don’t know exactly how the PIN could be removed since afaik we completely prevented that. Maybe @tobiasKaminsky has an idea how to get rid of it.

I choosed the bruteforce method. You can use MyPhoneExplorer for android screen sharing and run the vbscript this will insert all numbers between 0000 to 9999. :wink:

`Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject(“WScript.Shell”)
WScript.Sleep 3000

DIM snumber
FOR i = 0 TO 9999
snumber = NumberString(i, 4)

WScript.Sleep 10
WshShell.SendKeys MID(snumber, 1, 1) + "~"
WScript.Sleep 10
WshShell.SendKeys MID(snumber, 2, 1) + "~"
WScript.Sleep 10
WshShell.SendKeys MID(snumber, 3, 1) + "~"
WScript.Sleep 10
WshShell.SendKeys MID(snumber, 4, 1) + "~"

WScript.Sleep 100

NEXT

FUNCTION NumberString(val, digits)
NumberString = Right(String(digits,“0”) & val, digits)
End Function`

2 Likes

Sounds complicated, but unfortunately I need a solution for this forgotten pin.
Could you please explain to me, how to send the bruteforce vbscript to the phone? I have never used a vbsrcipt.
(I have the possibility to send keyboard inputs from ubuntu to android via kde-connect)

1 Like

Did you ever find a solution? I am plagued with the same issue! I’ve cleared cache and storage, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it still asks for a pin.