Android app: force Instant Upload for photos

Hi.

I just installed the Nextcloud Android app and turned on Instant Upload for photos. And it works with photos taken since. However I have a couple of recent photos I’d like it to upload. I’ve tried editting them, cut and paste out of the photos directory and back, and re-naming them. None of these actions has triggered the upload.

Is there any way to do this?

Cheers
Paul

Do a manual upload and you are done!

regards, hitam4450

1 Like

Um, you don’t think it worth explaining how? If I could find a manual upload feature I’d jolly well use it. Where is it? And yes I have checked the whole danged Nextcloud Android App. If were remotely obvious or intuitive I’d be on it. But as it stands I’m kind of lost. I just have a photo on my phone and it’s not uploaded. And I want to upload it. How?

1 Like

For the record, I found a way, and with all due respect, unlike htiam4450 I shall try to be helpful and share it. On Android, in my Gallery App I select as many photos as I like, then click “Share” and there are a load of options, one of which is Nextcloud. If I select that it let me navigate, manually to my upload folder, and then force an upload. Not exactly trivial, but doable.

You can also do it directly from the Nextcloud app, by clicking on the “+” button on the bottom right and selecting “Upload files”. From there you can navigate to your DCIM folder and select the files / photos you want to upload.

1 Like

That doesn’t actually do it. It uploads all the files in the DCIM but ignores the sorting into folders by date that InstantUpload provides. It also doesn’t respect my InstantUpload folder but instead puts the DCIM folder in the root of Files.

I want a method to get InstantUpload to actually upload my files if they don’t already exist or are older in the InstantUpload folder. This should be the default behaviour of InstantUpload but doesn’t seem to be. At the very least, removing a folder from the cloud backup then reinstating it should trigger a re-do of the upload.

So how does one force the auto-upload function to actually upload the files?

If you go to Settings → Auto Upload, then tap on the three dots menu of a folder and go to Preferences, there should be a checkbox Also upload existing files.