Android App - can't login to server (HTTP status code -1 fail)

Nextcloud version: 20.0.9
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 20.04
Apache or nginx version: Apache 2.4.41
PHP version: 7.4.18
MariaDB: 10.5.10
Nextcloud Andorid App: 3.16.1

The issue you are facing:

Hi all,
i have problem to connect with my Server using the Nextcloud Android app.

What have been changed prior the problem appeard:

• I changed the password for my user
  • After that the Nextcloud Android App starting to crash and asking for the App PIN multiple times in a row
  • I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled it again
  • Trying to connect the App to Server via QR Code failes with error: "Access error: Operation finished with HTTP status -1 (fail)"
  • Trying to manually connect the App to Server results in the same error message, after i’ve typed in the credentials sucessfully and clicked on the “Gran Access” button
  • Checked logfiles in Browser with the Administrator account - but there is nothing logged related to this login attempts using the Andorid App (Log levels: Info, Warning, Error, Fatal)

Prior to the password change the same App version worked properly with the Server.
(No changes to the server side were introduced)

Have anybody faced the same problems and could solve them?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Dolo

SOLVED

Okay, it seems that the Bruteforce-Settings caused the described problem.

I saw the message “…next login will be delayed by 30 seconds…” when trying to login
via the Andorid App

• so i just temporary added the (public) IP address from which the Android device was accessing Nextcloud, to the “Bruteforce whitelist” in Settings.

• After that i was able to login with the Nextcloud Android App

(It’s strange as the message only mentioned that the login will be delay and not blocked, but this seems to have an affect when trying to connect to the Nextcloud using the Andorid App - as the login using a browser was possible)