Android App 2.0.0 RC5 released

I recall seeing a PR talk about wakelocks between Mario and Tobias so hopefully the limit wasnā€™t set.

The 1800+ photos have not been changed, so shouldnā€™t show as modifiedā€¦ And the folder structure is identical to what Iā€™ve had during the whole Dev testing.

Correct, at the moment there is no limit set.

It is because of Android Doze which might be due to the screensaver, battery saver etc. It is something Android decides so this happens. The RC3 though has auto restart capabilities built-in so Auto Uploads terminated by Android will be restarted automatically.

Can you open an issue for there on Github please? Issues Ā· nextcloud/android Ā· GitHub
And what do you mean by edit/delete? You should be able to go to manage accounts and then either delete NExtcloud accounts from your phone or change the password. The profile itself canā€™t be edited on the phone (like address, twitter etc.).

awww - i didnā€™t really think of thisā€¦ so as i went there i found that i could rather delete my NC-account but still am not able to change my password there. sync and deleteā€¦ thatā€™s all.

just configured an exception for nextcloud-app and see how itā€™s gonna do.

didnā€™t work somehow. broken uploads were mentioned in the app and i needed to restart them manually. maybe i was faster than the restarting auto-upload again timerā€¦

Yeah that might take a while since Android decides when to restart the upload service not the app itself this change has been introduced in Android with Android 6 and has been restricted more and more with newer Android releasesā€¦

big sigh

For now, stopped service and automatic retries will have to do. In the future, there is a workaround for all this, but requires quite a lot of work.

Also IMHO duplicate folders (and ā€œnewā€ old images) need to be solved before releasing stable. cc @Andy

no prob for me. i just wanted to let you guys know what i experiencedā€¦

Appreciate it!

awww. just got a new RC3-releaseā€¦ and - at least - i could modify my password. yaaay.
btw: i did that directly in the app and not via android ā€“ account ā€“ nextcloud.

@JimmyKater we just released RC4 so you should see that release too :slight_smile: (or you are running RC4 already, see appā€™s settings screen at the very bottom)

1 Like

aww yes. itā€™s rc4 already. :wink:

Would be great if you guys could release the regular dev packages so that I can update via the App directly. Want to test the Swedish translations.

Will discuss this with @tobiasKaminsky unfortunately the f-droid build-pipeline has some issues and the latest mass of changes need some conflict resolving to make it into the dev packageā€¦ bare with us :slight_smile:

@enoch85 just merged the master to dev so there should be a new 20170822 dev version coming in a couple of hours and will also sport the latest bugfixes from 2.0.0RC4

cc @JasonBayton for charging only fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

:tada: :tada:

Not sure if bug reports are best here, or if thereā€™s a different forumā€¦ but I am still having problems even with RC4.

Having previously had the problem with RC2, and then upgraded to RC3 and now RC4, I tried to clear the appā€™s data so I could re-test and confirm the bugs were fixed (thank you, guys!).

But, I simply couldnā€™t clear the appā€™s data from Android (Galaxy S7, Android 7.0). I tried to go to the Application Manager and clear the appā€™s cache and data - but after following these steps I could still see an erroneous account on my device (it showed my GUID rather than my username, as previously described)

I think that pressing ā€œManage Storageā€ in Android takes me into the Nextcloud app itself, to a ā€œManage Spaceā€ screen with a button to ā€œClear Dataā€ā€¦ but despite clicking on Clear Data, nothing seemed to have changed, my corrupt account still showed in the Nextcloud app.

Eventually I uninstalled the whole app and reinstalled it - that seems to have cleared data finally - but shouldnā€™t I be able to clear the appā€™s data without uninstalling the whole thing?

Prehaps Iā€™ve misunderstood the process, or (equally likely) Samsungā€™s UI changes to Android hide the stock option to clear data that would otherwise be there? If not - then the Nextcloud ā€œClear Dataā€ button seems to have not worked in this instance.

I have some screenshots if that would help anybody.

Can I confirm expected behaviour hereā€¦ This is what I am seeing

1. Fresh install of application (RC4) after uninstalling previous in order to clear data
  2. First-run wizard comes up; I successfully provide hostname, username and password and log in to my Nextcloud server (version 10.0 if that makes a difference)
  3. Look at list of accounts, it shows up with my username and my photo, as Iā€™d expect - so far, all good
  4. I go and do something else on my phone
  5. When I come back into nextcloud (I have literally not done anything else in the nextcloud app yet) I go to the list of accounts in the app, and my username has been replaced with my GUID and my photo is gone
  6. I go to ā€œmanage accountsā€, and do not click on any accounts.
  7. In the list, my one account (with GUID now) is shown
  8. I wait a short while. Nextcloud then crashes (ā€œNextcloud has stopped / Open App Again / Send Feedbackā€

Is the behaviour in step 5 correct?

@andy @tobiasKaminsky

I have re-installed 1.4.2 via F-Droid in the meantime, so I have a working solution for photo auto-upload, and I can confirm that on 1.4.2 in the accounts screen, my full name shows up instead of my GUID, and the second line shows user@nextcloudhostname instead of what I saw with 2.0.0RC which was GUID@hostname.