Android and IOS app unable to login to Nextcloud instance

Can anyone here tell me what maybe causing me to not be able to login via android or IOS app? Setup is complete and secure with letsencrypt. I can access the cloud via the web no problem just the apps i am having an issue with. below is my log information when i try to log in. on the app i get wrong usename or password

Exception: {“Message”:“HTTP/1.1 401 No ‘Authorization: Basic’ header found. Either the client didn’t send one, or the server is mis-configured”,“Exception”:“Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated”,“Code”:0,“Trace”:"#0 [internal function]: Sabre\DAV\Auth\Plugin->beforeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#1 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php(105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#2 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(446): Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit(‘beforeMethod’, Array)\n#3 /var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php(248): Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))\n#4 /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php(55): Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()\n#5 /var/www/html/nextcloud/remote.php(138): require_once(’/var/www/html/n…’)\n#6 {main}",“File”:"/var/www/html/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Auth/Plugin.php",“Line”:188,“User”:false}

Is this a new setup or migrated from owncloud?

Can you try this command from a client:
curl -v https://example.org/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav -u username -X PROPFIND
This should result in a longer output with all files and directories in your root-folder.