All circles missing

Hello,

it seems that after updating to NC 18.0.6 the circles app got broken.

Users complained, that it was missing in the menu and every share using circles was missing, too.

I had a look and found the app needed an update. I installed this updates (0.18.7). After the update circles was disabled. I reanabled it.

Now it shows up in the menu, but all circles are still missing.

When opening the app, I can see all circles but clicking on an entry only stats error:

Problem beim Empfangen der Details dieses Kreises: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT DISTINCT `c`.`unique_id`, `c`.`id`, `c`.`name`, `c`.`description`, `c`.`settings`, `c`.`type`, `contact_addressbook`, `contact_groupname`, 

The messeage dissappears too quick.

Any idea what’s going wrong here?

Klaus

did you take a look into update log?

can’t see anything wrong. no errors.

Also there should be a settings section for the circles app. This is missing, too.

I manged to capure the full error message:

Problem beim Empfangen der Details dieses Kreises: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT DISTINCT `c`.`unique_id`, `c`.`id`, `c`.`name`, `c`.`description`, `c`.`settings`, `c`.`type`, `contact_addressbook`, `contact_groupname`, `c`.`creation`, `u`.`user_id` AS `viewer_userid`, `u`.`status` AS `viewer_status`, `u`.`member_id` AS `viewer_member_id`, `u`.`level` AS `viewer_level`, `o`.`user_id` AS `owner_userid`, `o`.`status` AS `owner_status`, `o`.`level` AS `owner_level` FROM `oc_circle_circles` `c` LEFT JOIN `oc_circle_members` `u` ON (`u`.`circle_id` = `c`.`unique_id`) AND (`u`.`user_id` = ?) AND (`u`.`user_type` = ?) LEFT JOIN `oc_circle_members` `o` ON (`o`.`circle_id` = `c`.`unique_id`) AND (`o`.`level` = ?) AND (`o`.`user_type` = ?) LEFT JOIN `oc_group_user` `ncgu` ON `ncgu`.`uid` = ? LEFT JOIN `oc_circle_groups` `g` ON (`ncgu`.`gid` = `g`.`group_id`) AND (`g`.`circle_id` = ``c``.``unique_id``) WHERE (`c`.`unique_id` = ?) AND (((`c`.`type` = ?) AND (`o`.`user_id` = ?)) OR ((`c`.`type` = ?) AND ((`u`.`level` >= ?) OR (`c`.`name` = ?) OR (`c`.`unique_id` = ?) OR (`g`.`level` >= ?))) OR (`c`.`type` = ?) OR (`c`.`type` = ?))' with params ["d250a5ee-0376-1033-8f1e-d5556f8693fa", 1, 9, 1, "d250a5ee-0376-1033-8f1e-d5556f8693fa", "3989d849b84399", 1, "d250a5ee-0376-1033-8f1e-d5556f8693fa", 2, 1, "", "3989d849b84399", 1, 4, 8]:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'c``.``unique_id``) WHERE (`c`.`unique_id` = '3989d849b84399') AND (((`c`.`type` ' at line 1

Same here. There is already an issue for this bug on GitHub.

I think I’ve found the reason, but don’t know where to fix it.

I downgraded to 0.18.5. Now everything is back again.

I think I have to remove the new oc_circle tables manually now.

The problem has been fixed in Circles 0.18.8 which is available in Nextcloud apps now. I had to remove and reinstall the app because the update failed. But now everything is well again.