AIO Solution, slow performance

Hi all,

Iā€™ve been running NextCloud for a few years now, and just migrated to the AIO solution for better management and updates etc.

However, the AIO is giving me slow performance issues.
When navigating the web interface (i.e. just clicking between folders, or menus etc within the web interface) - every few minutes it will ā€˜stallā€™ and just display the grey spinning wheel trying to load for about 30 seconds. Once it has loaded, I get around 2 - 3 mins of snappy/normal speed while navigating, but then I have to wait another 30 seconds ish for it to load.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Downloads from the server are fine, and Iā€™m receiving a constant 300Mbps, no issues there.
Uploads, however, seem to not go faster than 40 - 45Mbps (can achieve triple this via the non-docker solution).

Iā€™m running the latest stable version of the AIO (1.5.0)
This is running on Ubuntu Server 22.04
Docker version 20.10.12

Iā€™ve increased the specs of the server to double of my previous Nextcloud setup (4GB RAM), however it didnā€™t help. RAM and CPU usage are sitting low on the server.

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s related, but I am using an alternative path for my NextCloud Data directory. I have it mounted to a secondary HDD, which is an internal HDD on the same server.
If I look in Administration > System, it says my mount point is ā€œ/mnt/ncdataā€, which is not correct. However it does correctly pick up the size and usage of the disk.

My thinking was Nextcloud might be getting confused about the Data Dir, taking a while before figuring out itā€™s not mounted there? But just a guess.

This is now resolved.

I ended up creating a fresh new VM, and instead of installing docker via the apt repo, I installed it via the following command:

curl -fsSL get.docker.com | sudo sh

This is the command listed in the AIO docs to install docker, so thought Iā€™d give that a try, and the slow performance issue has now gone :smiley:

It does provide a slightly newer version of Docker, soā€¦ not sure what the specific issue was.

1 Like

For anyone else who had the same performance issue, ended up here through your favourite search engine, and didnā€™t have much luck with the above fix, try this.

Disable Nextcloud Office (only if you donā€™t use it of course). Collabora (used by Nextcloud Office) seems to be making my Nextcloud instance very sluggish (30-60 seconds to load pages).

You can do this in the Nextcloud web interface by clicking your profile icon (top-right) in the status bar > Apps > Active apps > find ā€œNextcloud Officeā€ and press the Disable button next to it.

My interface now is blazingly fast (~500ms to load pages).