AIO: Current Talk-Recording Docker containers fail

Hello, I am using the AIO’s nextcloud/aio-talk-recording container standalone in my NC Talk software stack on a bare metal NC setup. When I first started using it it was working well, but for the last month’s docker container updates it apperently stopped working. NC would try to start the recording service and then fail. This is including the dev release branch.

The last version of the docker container that works for me is
nextcloud/aio-talk-recording:20231113_125854-latest

I invoke the container with:

sudo docker run --restart=always -d --name talk-recording -e ALLOW_ALL=true -e HPB_DOMAIN=signaling.ncdomain.com -e NC_DOMAIN=my.ncdomain.com -e TZ={timezone} -e RECORDING_SECRET={ncsecret} -e INTERNAL_SECRET={signalingsecret} -p 127.0.0.1:1234:1234 nextcloud/aio-talk-recording:latest

On the failed containers, there is a lot of output in the container log which looks to be the problem

ERROR:nextcloud.talk.recording.Server:Exception on /api/v1/room/o92sp42b [POST]                                                                                                                                  Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                                                                 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/configparser.py", line 767, in get                                                                                                                                                 value = d[option]
            ~^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                              File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/collections/__init__.py", line 1014, in __getitem__                                                                                                                                return self.__missing__(key)            # support subclasses that define __missing__                                                                                                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/collections/__init__.py", line 1006, in __missing__                                                                                                                                raise KeyError(key)                                                                                                                                                                                          KeyError: 'secret'
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                                                                                                 File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1455, in wsgi_app                                                                                                                                response = self.full_dispatch_request()
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 869, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 867, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 852, in dispatch_request
    return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**view_args)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/nextcloud/talk/recording/Server.py", line 49, in handleBackendRequest
    backend, data = _validateRequest()
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/nextcloud/talk/recording/Server.py", line 74, in _validateRequest
    secret = config.getBackendSecret(backend)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/nextcloud/talk/recording/Config.py", line 130, in getBackendSecret
    return self._configParser.get('backend', 'secret')
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/configparser.py", line 770, in get
    raise NoOptionError(option, section)
configparser.NoOptionError: No option 'secret' in section: 'backend'

Ive looked at the config file within the container and the variables are relaying from the launch command correctly (except TZ which probably isn’t used anymore and no matter). Has there been some change and I’m missing something now?

Ah in the old container from November /conf/recording.conf, there is

[backend]
allowall = true
# TODO: remove secret below when https://github.com/nextcloud/spreed/issues/9580 is fixed
secret = {secret}

This was indeed removed in the newer containers, but I don’t think it works, or rather the python scripts needs to reflect the change