After Update to Nextcloud Client 2.6.2: Problem with Sync Exclude List / Ignore List

Operating System: Windows 10, x64, Professional, Version 1909 (Build 18363.535)

Files and folder that should be ignored for sync can be inserted into the sync-exclude.lst (located in USER_FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Nextcloud). This can be done either by editing this file manually or via the GUI (“Ignorierte Dateien bearbeiten” in the German version). I did never check it before, but I expect that the GUI shows all the content of the sync-exclude.lst file.

Issue

After updating my client from 2.6.0 or 2.6.1 to 2.6.2, the ignore-files list in the GUI is empty. The sync-exclude.lst still exists and has the same content as prior to the update. When I add new items to the ignore-files list via the GUI, these items do not appear in the sync-exclude.lst. I don’t know where these newly added items are stored. However, the sync-exclude.lst is still applied by Nextcloud (things listed in the file are still not syncronized).

Thus, the syncronizations works as it should. Just the ignore-files list GUIs shows incosistent information.

Additional information:

• I installed Nextcloud in C:\Program Files\Nextcloud and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Nextcloud (as suggested) because the Nextcloud setup said it was a x64 version
  • When I updated Nextcloud, I chose to remove the old Nextcloud version prior to installation of the new version.

OK … incorrect usage … .

There exist a general ignore list and one ignore list per synchronized folder. I accessed the wrong ignore list via the GUI and, hence, did not see the content of the USER_FOLDER\AppData\Roaming\Nextcloud\sync-exclude.lst . The issue is solved.